Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to hook up an after market stereo. The owners before me, cut the harness and just spliced everything together. I hooked up all the wires, but the stereo only allows me to eject and load cd's, but no audio? It display a clock. but the power button is not lit up? No radio either? Any suggestion?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Are you sure that the speakers are there?

Are the wires even connected to the back of the speaker?

That is what I'd check next.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the only rear speakers in the door? It's a 2000. I know I have front speakers. Will not having speakers connected make the stereo not power up?

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
With only half of the radio working. Its seems like you have constant power(yellow wire). I would say that your switch wire is dead. That would be the red wire on your aftermarket deck. It basically serves as an automatic switch and serves the same function as a manual toggle switch.....turns shit on. The factory switch wire is a fused circuit. With that said...and knowing that the previous owner cut the harness and ran a risk of exposed wiring; its safe to assume that the 12volt/hot switch wire might have touched metal and popped a fuse in your fuse box. Look at the sticky's at the top of the car audio section to find the factory wiring colors to figure out your 12volts switched and check for blown fuses too.

If problem persists and it is in fact what I think it is....you can always run a new switched wire to your radio from you ignition harness from under the steering column. Just tap your IGN(Ignition) or ACC(accessory). I've seen this a LOOOOOOT as an installer. It's an easy cheap fix either way you do it.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Are the only rear speakers in the door? It's a 2000. I know I have front speakers. Will not having speakers connected make the stereo not power up?
No, connected wrong possibly sometimes. At the most it will put the radio into protect mode if not blow it, which is unusual. Pretty sure your rear speaker are not in the doors but on the back deck instead. You drive a ZX4 right? Someone wanna check me on that????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not see screen covers on the back, behind the rear seats? It looks solid with no speaker holes? When I connect the power to the stereo, it powers up and the stereo text says see you and turns off... LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts