battery
cam gaskets
crank gaskets
timming belt
oil change
idealer/crank pullie
fuel filler
57000 miles on the 02 sensors,

Problem: when i am going 2000-3000 rpm band at like 45mph i feel this like flutter. it don't happen under WOT,idle, or at eny other RPM. other it drives me crazy, beasuse its at the speed limit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your fuel pump maybe going bad. Have you upgraded the fuel pump? With this kind of power you are pushing you must upgrade to a SVT focus pump the least.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did you do an EGR delete or your engine still utilizes the EGR system? Any CEL? It could also be a vacuum leak in the intake system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i didn't do the EGR delete. The car run like a raped ape, it just this flutter/stumbel when cruising.[mad] No check engine lights. no DTC either

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
soon i think, try the work around #2, i did that to my car 10,000 miles ago and still running strong. i cant stand the CEL being on b/c if something else went wrong you wouldnt even know it.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
could this be the problem with my dura...after i got the cosi mani im having this kinda problem (kinda a bog while cruising at speed limit then it goes away once its full throttle)...its gotta be the tune...cause this dyno im going to hasnt really done any foci so hes having fun trying to get my cel to go away...right now its throwing the p2008 and p2004 refering to the open IRC...and every nee tune he puts in the car reacts and does something different....

but what is the point of doing a egr delete...think it could help me or hurt me

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
could this be the problem with my dura...after i got the cosi mani im having this kinda problem (kinda a bog while cruising at speed limit then it goes away once its full throttle)...its gotta be the tune...cause this dyno im going to hasnt really done any foci so hes having fun trying to get my cel to go away...right now its throwing the p2008 and p2004 refering to the open IRC...and every nee tune he puts in the car reacts and does something different....

but what is the point of doing a egr delete...think it could help me or hurt me
well, basiacally the egr puts hot exhaust back into your engine when your not on ***. you could disable it and it wouldnt hurt a thing except for emissions. so if your not worried about that i highly recommend doing so. i dont know anything about duratecs but the egr would still serve the same purpose.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
well im running no cats here in mass sooo im already past the whole emission thing...but then again since this past September no more sniffer here either :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Another thing to look at on the ZETEC is one of the PCV hoses that comes off the back of the engine almost directly below the TB. Do a quick search on ZETEC stumble and you should get a very large thread on the subject.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts