Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a...uhhh..."friend" who bought a set of winter tires mounted on 14" rims to put on his 2005 [;)]. Didn't realize that the 14" rims wouldn't fit over the front calipers on the 2005-2007 models. Since the rims/tires are proving a bit difficult to unload, I was wondering whether 2000-2004 front calipers can be mounted on a 2005 and if this would do the trick to gain the clearance needed to use these rims. Anyone know?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
So, I have a...uhhh..."friend" who bought a set of winter tires mounted on 14" rims to put on his 2005 [;)]. Didn't realize that the 14" rims wouldn't fit over the front calipers on the 2005-2007 models. Since the rims/tires are proving a bit difficult to unload, I was wondering whether 2000-2004 front calipers can be mounted on a 2005 and if this would do the trick to gain the clearance needed to use these rims. Anyone know?
No= you can't bolt on the '00-'04 10'' rotors/calipers to your '05. Pass on those 14'' wheel/tire combo. You want at least 15''s. Its not worth putting the 14''s on. I'd be looking at a 16'' combo.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
15's are the minimum, you DON'T want to change knuckles & ball joints just to put smaller discs & calipers on...

Unless you want to trade even up of course - in which case I've got a set you can use...

(Grin)

P.S. - I'll move this to the brakes & Suspension section for reference.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ha I did the same thing. Didn't realize Ford put bigger brakes on the later Foci and I had picked up some 14" snows. I would recommend that your "friend" [;)] advertise the snow tires/wheels as fitting the 2000-04 Focus as the everyday person won't understand bolt patterns, wheel size, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I've had them posted on craigslist for a few days with a list of all the Ford/Mercury models I could find that could take them. Unfortunately, the list is rather short and Billings, MT is rather small [:)~]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts