Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Focus came with an embossed silver logo in the middle of the center caps (15-inch dual 5-spoke alloys). The 2000-2001 had a blue vinyl logo in the center.

After 13 years, most of my center caps have tabs missing, are cracked, and are gray instead of silver, so it is time to replace them. I think I like the older blue logo ones better and I can get either one, but I would like to know if Ford changed them as a design improvement, as a cost savings, or just to be different?

If you have the blue logo center caps:
  • Are there any issues with the glue that holds the decals on coming loose? (I'm assuming the blue logo is essentially just a sticker and could come loose).
  • Any issues with the vinyl logo's cracking or deteriorating?
  • Any issues at all with them that wouldn't occur with the silver logo ones?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Image links might not last, but I talked myself out of the blue logo ones.

So everyone knows what I am talking about, here are the silver ones like I have:

Here are the blue logo ones:

Here is one blue logo that looked bad, but I don't know if the image was photo-shopped or someone painted it blue or what (This is the only one I found this way):

As far as why I decided to stay with silver:
  • First off - I thought these were supposed to be used from 2000-2001, but looking at used car ads, I didn't find any 2001's with them, and I found a few 2000's with the silver ones. It looks like Ford changed them EARLY in 2001, so using them on my car would make the car look like a 2000 rather than a 2002.
  • More importantly - while IN THEORY, the dark blue would match the Ford logo and should look better, IN PRACTICE, it does not for me. The silver looks a bit understated and also makes the rim look a bit more like an aftermarket non-factory rim. The blue tends to look like someone stuck a Ford Sticker on the rim - somewhat like if someone bought generic Enkei or Oz rims and didn't want the brand name on the center car so decided to put a vinyl sticker on them to make them look factory. http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...cal-emblem/195807751.html#sb1-10-1|2201380219

No offense to anyone who likes the blue background wheels, but I don't think they are what I would want long-term.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts