Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
No idea. Wasn't on a strip.
From what i've seen, the magic in a honda is when you start to mod it. Stock ones aren't so quick.
The numbers I got were all stock from several car rags and the last ones were 15.0-15,1s and throw on some mods and they get within breathing distance of an ST.
Even in '99 an Si was quoted at a 15.7 which trumps a stock MK3.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The numbers I got were all stock from several car rags and the last ones were 15.0-15,1s and throw on some mods and they get within breathing distance of an ST.
Even in '99 an Si was quoted at a 15.7 which trumps a stock MK3.
Tis true. They respond very well to mods, would like to get one some day..maybe an RSX.

Also keep in mind that older ones all seem to have a crap-ton of miles so that might have had some effect.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I can keep up with the previous two gens of SI, but the current gen (2014 or 2015 I think) pulls on me. It's not like it blows me out of the water, but maybe 2/10's of a second quicker.

·
Registered
990 Posts
But I'm also not stock, so there's that.
And I'm on the upper limit of my mods, so if they have anything going on other than stock they're going to be quicker.

They have more headroom.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had an 08 SI for three years. That car was quick with intake, header, exhaust, and tune. Toss in the 8600rpm redline and then lower the vtec crossover to 4500rpm. It would just pull and pull. The focus interior is nice though.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts