Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the plan,(don't know if it's going to work or if is any good) I was thinking about getting one of those small light weight batteries. The problem is that i have a decent size stereo system. I was thinking that i could have a optima in the back and take it out when i take out my sub for race day. I konw your asking well why don' you just put the smaller one on when it's time to race, and my answer to you is i don't know. I thought this would be cool.also does anybody konw how to do this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I have 2 batteries in my Focus. It is a pain in the ass to setup sometimes. Besides the second battery you will need at battery isolator. A battery isolator cuts off power to the second battery when the engine is shut off so the batteries dont drain off of each other. I have a 2 gauge wire running to the trunk from the alternator to power the back battery and it works really well. The battery isolater is put in between the batteries. It is a huge relay that can handle 200+ amps. You can pick one up for about 60-100 bucks. Let me know if you have any other questions..

·
Registered
393 Posts
The Coustic Focus wagon demo car has 3 batteries, under the hood. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the set up. using the Streetwires batteries, mounted in the factory battery area.

Anything is possible.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts