Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Unfortunately with more and more time restraints and better things to put time into I don't have the time to finish my SVT project. It's a 2002 2 tone red/black interior it runs and drives but needs a cam swap and some hoses. it has around 170,500 miles on it and comes with a factory roof rack. I have a parts car as well a 2004 2 tone interior black/blue. The previous owners ex-husband had started a clutch replacement on it and then never finished it had been sitting so long that the engine dropped out the bottom. However in my understanding I think you could get it running fairly easily. I'm asking $2000 for the pair but am negotiable I'm also very open to trades esp a Volvo 240 but am not dead set on that.
The cars are located in Brenham Texas.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Still available?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am looking for a rolling chassis rust free. If the silver one has a rust free body I''ll buy just that off of you. the more parts that are missing, the less i have to swap.
my old 2005 ST has too many northern miles on the body and too few miles on the new engine and other fun parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking for a rolling chassis rust free. If the silver one has a rust free body I''ll buy just that off of you. the more parts that are missing, the less i have to swap.
my old 2005 ST has too many northern miles on the body and too few miles on the new engine and other fun parts.
Damn man I really wish you woulda contacted me 2 weeks ago the silver one is junked now. Otherwise it honestly would have been yours for next to free

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Houston. I might be interested. How much?
Well I wasn’t 100% trying to sell it now because I started on a rally build but if you really want it I do have a WRX laying around waiting to be built so I’ll finish the engine swap and call off my cage guy if you’re interested in it for $3500 that’s a full car with an entire car worth’s of spare parts included spare engine, trans, ecu, doors, hatch, wiring, etc

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It isn’t that hard to find chassis at least around here take a look on Craigslist you can find ZX3s running and driving for $500ish on another note I have a 1991 Alfa Romeo 164 rolling shell I’d sell you for $300

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,352 Posts
Well I wasn’t 100% trying to sell it now because I started on a rally build but if you really want it I do have a WRX laying around waiting to be built so I’ll finish the engine swap and call off my cage guy if you’re interested in it for $3500 that’s a full car with an entire car worth’s of spare parts included spare engine, trans, ecu, doors, hatch, wiring, etc
Too rich for my blood. Thank you for responding.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It isn’t that hard to find chassis at least around here take a look on Craigslist you can find ZX3s running and driving for $500ish on another note I have a 1991 Alfa Romeo 164 rolling shell I’d sell you for $300
that’s what I thought too.. I’m having a stunningly difficult time finding one that is southern and motorless.

Do you think I could swap a 2.5L duratec into that Romeo XD

Reactions: greenfieldhippi

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that’s what I thought too.. I’m having a stunningly difficult time finding one that is southern and motorless.

Do you think I could swap a 2.5L duratec into that Romeo XD
Honest to god if you could figure out how to get the trans to the wheels it could be done. The Alfa is a FWD V6 originally and Saab and Lancia used turbo 4s in their rendition of the same car. It’d be interesting to see if you could replace the knuckles with the ones from your Focus. If so, though daunting, it could be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts