Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder if i could take a stock audiophile amp and sub and put it on the other side of my hatch along with my other stock audiophile sub and amp, and it sound really good, opinions anyone? good idea or bead idea?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
free sub up for garbs

ok there is no free sub, but i do have a question, does anybody think it would be crazy to have 2 stock subs instead of 1? i want to hook up a stock audiophile sub and amp up along with my other stock audiophile sub and amp on the otherside of the hatch, does anyone have opinions on this, good or bad, yes or no

sorry about the title i just figured it would catch yalls eyes (FREE)

HAHAHAHAHAHA
PEACE
KNOX[:D]

·
Registered
365 Posts
dont see why it would be a dumb idea. don't knock it 'til you try it! do they work like that...a left and right sided set?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Damn. I was fooled.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
thinking youd try and trick us when THIS thread got no love?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it just occured to me that it wont work the way the box's are made and shaped, they are made to go on the left side of the hatch only hmmm i dont know, it sounded alot better in my head, oh well, if anybody has done this and had good/bad results, let me know

·
Registered
114 Posts
i still think it's possible. with the way people modify the boxes already to fit 10's, you could cover the hole on one side with mdf and make a new one on the other. of course the stock carpet thing is a whole nother mess.

what about sticking two in the rear door? might shake it loose though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmmmmmm that might work or fiber glass the hole............... dude it might work all i got to do now is find a way to splice the stock harness to another stock amp to power the other sub

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
i'd thought of the same idea before...it'd take custom work, obviously, to fix the case to work on the right side, but really other than that it shouldn't be much of a problem.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
for the amount of modification to make that enclosure fit on the right-side of the hatch... you'd be better off making your own out of fiberglass...

It'd be one hell of a project, but it can be done.
I would ditch the sub/amp and use a 8 or 10" and a 600 watt amp or something.

If you are gonna do it, do it right.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, it was just a vision i had, that will never become a reality, like the vision i had yesterday berore i got REARENDED BY A PORSHE!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was going like 40 and all i hear us screeming tires and then BOOM!!!!!! yea i got owned. oh well, the light was red so i win hahahahaha, now i got me a new SVT!!!!!!! red, and i love it!!!!!!! well i got to go typeing this makes me want to go drive!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no the person that rear ended my car bought me one the next day, said they didnt want to make an insurence claim or some bullshit like that, oh well they paid for the towing and all so i dont know and i dont care all i know is that sitting outside my appertment is a shinny (well kinda) red svt focus

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
knoxrocks222 said:
no the person that rear ended my car bought me one the next day, said they didnt want to make an insurence claim or some BS like that, oh well they paid for the towing and all so i dont know and i dont care all i know is that sitting outside my appertment is a shinny (well kinda) red svt focus
that [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g rocks man... no whiplash or nothing?
you got away with a sweet deal...

Post pics of the new ride!

·
Registered
316 Posts
NICE! Thats the best getting in a wreck story ive ever heard..What was your old focus? year/model/miles.. how many miles on the svt?

Man.. wish i had that type of luck!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it was also red but a zx3, so not much change except 5speed in the zx3 and now the 6 speed in the zvt miles on the zx3 were 66,164 or somthing i know the oil change was at 67,351 the svt's miles are 71,153 the zx3 was a 2003 the svt is a 2003, the zx3 had the audiophile 9006 6disk and so does the svt so nochange there, svt has a sunroof zx3 did not svt has hid's, the zx3 didnt, both have fog lights. All in all they are like driving the same car but also sooooooooo different in sooooo many ways, the svt handles like a dream i love it, i highly recomend if you have a zx3, get the svt suspention, not just the springs, get the whole thing, u wont regret it. i als love the acceleration of the svt, its a little more perky than the zx3

well i got to go to sleep
peace

1 - 20 of 20 Posts