Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
Most ECU codes dont offer this option , and if you leard how launch properly with a ATX its better and faster then a 2 step through the ECU

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Most ECU codes dont offer this option , and if you leard how launch properly with a ATX its better and faster then a 2 step through the ECU

Tom
Mmmmmm..... Trans brake!!!!!!

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
Lentech makes our ATX with a trans break , Man. valve body , stall converter , LSD , what ever you want , I have a used one for sale for 3500.00 with all that and more

Tom

·
Registered
975 Posts
Most ECU codes dont offer this option ,
Tom
which ones do?
i know u can set up a "neutral limiter" with the sct but it doesnt work as 2 step.

·
Registered
784 Posts
you just want it cuz its sounds kool....lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i tried out the 2step launch contr. aka - rev limiters, and it messed with my driving. in a BAD way. when i shifted past the nuetral rev lim. it would cut off the gas and slow me down considerably b4 it would go again. plus it shakes the car quite a bit.

FYI - this is only when iam shifting high in the rpm band and also shifting hard too.

·
Registered
975 Posts
set it at 3500 and it sounds awesome with open header. and a couple flames.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts

Tom
By learn how to launch the atx you mean holding down the break pedal while flooring the gas and then letting off the break?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
set it at 3500 and it sounds awesome with open header. and a couple flames.
thats exactly where i set it at, it did sound pretty cool if you floor it! lol nom nom nomnom

it would launch fine but when i shifted (at about 5500-6000) the rev limiter tried to take over and when i let out on the clutch the gas didnt come back on for a half a second or so. plenty enough to slow a 1/4 mile time quite a bit.

am i the only person this happend to?

does your 2 step rev. lim. not do this, fifoci?

·
Registered
975 Posts
yes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What you need to do is disable your clutch position sensor. That's what I did on my car after I had the same issue that you are describing. It works perfectly after that little fix [woot]
thats exactly where i set it at, it did sound pretty cool if you floor it! lol nom nom nomnom

it would launch fine but when i shifted (at about 5500-6000) the rev limiter tried to take over and when i let out on the clutch the gas didnt come back on for a half a second or so. plenty enough to slow a 1/4 mile time quite a bit.

am i the only person this happend to?

does your 2 step rev. lim. not do this, fifoci?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
thanks for the info, but the 2 step rev lim wouldnt work then would it?

either way im just gonna keep both rev lim at about 6500 for now

·
Registered
975 Posts
the "2 step" works off the clutch tho. so if the position sensor isnt connected would it work at all? or does it work on the safety switch?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
No the 2-step works off of the speedo if it goes over 3mph the 2-step wont work

1 - 20 of 21 Posts