Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to grab a straight to the point answer on installing a 2-step system on my 2016 Focus SE.

Without telling me whether I need it or not:

Is it possible being an automatic?

How would I go about installing one?

Would a tune give me those pops/ small flames, even though there is no turbo (lol just wondering)?

I've seen the MSD modules. But how could I install something like it for my Focus? Is it all via tunes?

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
You would have to have a seriously built all motor to get flames... if you want pops and even some crackles, mine does this with an intake, catless header, 2.5" free flow ST aftermarket exhaust, tuning and all that... especially in sport mode.

You can't just take a stock car and get pops, etc... the two step, would have to ask Tom hes the NA tuning guy, ask in his focuspower area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would have to have a seriously built all motor to get flames... if you want pops and even some crackles, mine does this with an intake, catless header, 2.5" free flow ST aftermarket exhaust, tuning and all that... especially in sport mode.

You can't just take a stock car and get pops, etc... the two step, would have to ask Tom hes the NA tuning guy, ask in his focuspower area.
yeah I wasn't quite expecting flames, just wondered what would need to be done for some. Crackles I wouldn't mind ofc but basically just wondered how to get that two step. maybe i'll have to talk to tom soon

·
w/ my magic bag
29,394 Posts
You'll want to use a 'glide for the track or go w/ the turbo 400 for the street w/ a trans brake, a JS bump box as well as your 2 step.......

·
w/ my magic bag
29,394 Posts
ngl i don't know what the turbo 400 is lol or what a 'glide means

help
The iconic Powerglide is a GM 2-spd & you got to know what a turbohydro 400 is....One of GM's best 3-spd's for high power cars....

·
Registered
20 Posts

mine will get flames occasionally in the summer if I beat on it. exhaust is getting nowhere near hot enough in the winter however

·
Registered
505 Posts
mine will get flames occasionally in the summer if I beat on it. exhaust is getting nowhere near hot enough in the winter however
same here, winter fuel in my area kills everything performance wise. but i have had friends confirm i pop some flames occasionally.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I over rev to about 7k between 2 and 3rd gear on my auto, I get some sweet pops coming back down. It’s definitely not predictable and I know it’s bad for the engine, anyone else get this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
radio wiring

i just joined because i got a ford focus 2014 se and trying to install a subwoofer with the factory radio, can anyone post a wiring diagram for the radio???

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
same here, winter fuel in my area kills everything performance wise. but i have had friends confirm i pop some flames occasionally.
I was talking stock exhaust, no chance you will get flames with cat and stock chambered exhaust.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think tom might be sending me an updated tune file today, if so i additionally requested the n limiter in it and will post back with the results when the tune file comes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got the updated tune(Note that this updated tune wasn't just for the N limiter), for some reason it didnt include the N limiter. I emailed tom and am waiting to hear back now. I'm anxious to get it lol. will def lyk literally the minute i get a new tune and upload it into the car. im free all day and night so ill be waiting lol

I’m interested in hearing how it goes. If you like it post a video.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 24 Posts