Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. As I stumbled through the old, old threads i found one that mentioned a Hot lead between the two wires that control your headlights --it allows you to run your low beam and high beam at the same time--- any ideas on how to do that, any problems

2. where could i buy the intermittent wiper thing --- at ford or online ?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
> -it allows you to run your low beam and high beam at the same time--- any ideas on how to do that, any problems

(1) It's illegal, and

(2) I would not be surprised if overheating problems occurred.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I'm going to be selling the intermittent wiper stalk out of one of my cars if you need, I'm not sure if theres a special module tho

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tried putting an intermittent wiper control in my 01.. All it had (stock) was the one with the 1 position intermittent control...

The multiple position intermittent wiper control installed no problem. But the car's Central Timer Module was not set up for the multiple position intermittent wiper control. So it did not work... Even with the new control all I got was the one position intermittent control...

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anybody done this to their stock setup with any luck - or did you have to do something for it to work--- thanks

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Get ahold of Mike, B16sir1991 at Hilbish Ford, he's a forum sponsor and works at a dealership. He should be able to help you [thumb]

·
Registered
77 Posts
your telling me that if i buy the thing .... it wont work--
Yep.. I worked with the seller (eBay), he sent me 3 different ones to make sure it wasn't just a bad part. I finally looked the switch up in my manual and found that the Central Timer Modules are different, multiple intermittant settings vs. one intermittant setting only. The multiple intermittant switch requires different inputs to the CTM. I do not have the line drawings with me (I'm at work the manual is at home) otherwise I'd post 'em.

By all means check with the dealership.. I never got one to work... Maybe I missed something.. I've been wrong before and will be again...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts