Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright first and foremost, A while back I was at my gfs families house and started backing in to park next thing I know SMACK! My car scrapes the concrete hard enough to take a chunk out. [smackbum]

Well I kind of looked over my car and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary until about a week ago. I got a flat close to home so when I got home I pulled the tire off and noticed the brackets that holds the sway bar is broke off from the frame? Wtf!? While driving the car today I heard a loud bang and limped the car to my work. Looked it over nothing noticable so limped it home (not to far away) well I could hear almost like the tire was rubbing, Which they do but very rarely not like it was today. When I would come to a stop my car would kind of fall forward like it was settling and when I would take off it would lower back to the passenger rear (same place the sway bar bracket is broke)

Any suggestions or advise muchly appreciated.

On with the second problem, I was driving one day and my car would cut out completely a light came on the dash that looked like ! with a gear around it? I think something about coolant temp? Would it be thermostat? sorry but I don't know how else to explain it.

Sorry its so long but I'm really stumped Thanks for any help! [paranoid]

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Bang, odd noises, weird suspension travel ... all associated to the swaybar mounts.

! light ... for an automatic, transmission over temp; for a manual trans mission, misfire.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for the response. Sway bar will be fixed soon I hope. The second is a misfire. Wtf. Thanks a lot I'm in hell.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Reason for misfire? I would like to think so?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. Yea I thought so as well. Any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ford sells replacement connectors with pigtail. Or you could go to the JY and get one.
Make sure to solder and shinkwrap when you do the repair.

Ford # 3U2Z-14S411-TNA. or Motorcraft number WPT517

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well jacked the car up today to investigate more on the passenger rear. Well before I took the tire off I pulled on it a little bit and it wobbled pretty good. Took the tire off to look and the drum was seperated at the top so I pushed it back together and eventually got around to putting the tire back on and of course as soon as I get it lowered I looked at the drum and there is a gap again. Wtf? I'm close to giving up on this car. I love the focus but the focus doesn't love me.

Is there any other ways to fix the wires for the coil pack?

Thanks for any help.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
It looks like the coil pack pigtail has been "fixed" before. I would put in a new one, since your ignition system isn't something you want to be close enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts