Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've been searching the old posts for info on this because i know it's been discussed, but i couldn't find anything. so anyway, would it be better for me to just get the 2 pc. FC pulley kit or seek out a used 3pc. i didn't know if the alternator pulley made a bid diffrence or not. thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, focus central use to make a 3 piece pulley kit but now its 2, they took the ALT pulley away because they think it cut down on power or something in that area

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, and also the alt pulley. You only need it if you want a kick ass sound system, if you want more power get the water pump pulley and crank pulley

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the fc 2 piece actually makes less power than a couple of the 1 piece pulley sets. the idea of having 2 pulleys doesnt make more power, the sizes are swapped because the water pump pulley is smaller stock, and it used the same belt size this way... more or less the alt pulley was for show. the only pulley u really need to look into changing is the crank pulley which is heavy and big!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
well to be honest. the only thing a udp makes is whp. it wont make anymore crank hp. it is less rotating mass in the belt drive system and frees up hp rather than makes it. if your getting a 1 piece just get the afx though, best pulley and very hard to beat price.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
The FC 2 pc may make more power actually. The replacement water pump pulley should be lighter than stock as well...even less rotating mass than a 1 piece.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
its actually not, about the same weight as stock and larger in diameter. the stock water pump pulley isnt very heavy to start off with. the only one thats a really a prob is the crank pulley, if u get down there and compare you'll see what i mean

its also dyno proven the afx frees up more hp because of the lighter smaller crank pulley

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah the afx belt is a dif one than stock, its the only downfall, when u get it though the box has 3 dif part #s from 3 dif belt manufacturers so it will help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts