Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, first post here. I'm in the Uk and I've just bought my first Focus.It's a 2006 2.0L petrol estate and I'm pretty pleased with it.

The only two things wrong with it are:
1) Rear wiper doesn't work at all.
I'm going to check the fuse and relay tomorrow. I'm guessing that the fuse, relay and wiper itself and possibly the switch are the things to check. Are there any known issues with the rear wiper?

2) The water temperature gauge seems to go up and down a bit over time. I expected it to climb up to the operating temperature and stay there. I noticed that at one point it dropped from around 90degrees to 65 degrees in a few seconds and then went back up. I suspect that the sensor might be on the way out. Is this likely?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
1) In North America, the wiring harness goes from the body to the lift gate via a connection located in the sill between the two hinges. Wiring inside the connector is known to go brittle with age/flexing and cause electrical shorts and opens. If wiper fuses check out, look there.

2) Check for a stuck open thermostat.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a quick look round tonight.
The rear wiper makes a clicking sound every now and again so I suspect that the motor unit is the problem.

I was a bit confused because when I looked in the fuse box then the fuse and relay for the wipers aren't there - just a blank space, plus a connector plug that joins 3 wires together. It looks factory fit.

Regarding the temperature gauge, considering how quickly the dial moves then I'd put money on it being the sensor rather than the thermostat itself.

Where is the thermostat housing on the 2.0 Duratec? Is it under the inlet manifold?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts