Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first of all i ordered a nice throttle body and DSI clip from CFm the other day. Forst question , does anyone have any tips for putting the clip back on , the dam star washing thing , i just cant get the dam thing back on , ive already lost one and im really thinking about hitting the hardware store for some c clips. Any tricks or tips for getting the clip back on!!!!!

Second , how bright are the people taking phone orders at CFM , i called to order cause they have two different silicon adapters listed as you need one for the throttle body install. Well i told them i had the AEM CIA and guess what , they sold me the wrong one. Arghhh i freaking pissed.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Ive always had good Experiences with CFM

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some how i take it nobody actually works on there own cars on this forum.

·
Registered
607 Posts
uh.. dude chill out.. its barely been a whole day...

If you did a search your answer would be found... As for CFM they are great in there service.. I don't know why you don't think they know what they are selling.. mistakes happen if you've ever worked on a car you'd know that sometimes parts change and what is actually listed may in fact not fit your car but, another one of the same make..

I've had this happen 3 times over the years

·
Registered
481 Posts
let's see, i've installed EVERYTHING AS FOLLOWS: borla exhaust, procharger 8 lbs kit, fuel injectors, orp, short shifter, 3 gauges, speakers, spark plugs, spark plug wires, etc. btw c-f-m is a pretty damn good co. and i've never had problems with them. as stated before, things happen and sometimes a wrong part gets shipped or maybe there was a miscommunication with you and them. take it easy and chill out with the negativety.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i guess no one or very few have done the DSI clip themself. When you do , ditch the retaining clips that come with it and pick up a couple c clips from your local hardware store , i forgot the size , ill drop buy and see if i can get it . The C clips make the thing so much easier to install.

Well all installed now, and guess what time for a DSI control box, i know i say a thread somewhere on here about a place to get them for about $90 , yes i have done a lot of searching on this subject.
So does anyone know if the control box comes with the cable , i pulled mine apart today , HOLY SH%T Ford screwed up with the location on that one, i found the gear that the cable attaches is scripped , cant figure out for the lif of me how to get the circuit board off to disconnect it from the cable . Oh i cant wait till everything is working perfect on this car again.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
^^^I went with a C-clip as well. I've heard people using a really small socket to pound the CFM clips back on. A socket that just fits over the stud. Don'y know much bout the DSI control box, hasn't broke on my car yet. Hope yours gets back in working order soon enough. Good luck with the install.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The control box and cable are considered 1 part when you buy them at the service counter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least ford sells them together , CFM called me back , there out of the coupling right now . The said to use the one i have and cut the stock AEM coupling down to fill in the difference. Got that done , wow the throttle body helps out a bit. Next is a tune once i swap out he control box

1 - 10 of 10 Posts