Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.5'' tru benz catbak and it seems to have alot of exhaust drone around 2k rpm... this drives my gf crazy and i was wondering if anyone had any idea to make this a little more manageable?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Yep, I know exactly what you mean! I guess you could add a resonator to the front pipe
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Just go faster so you are not sitting at 2K. I find my FSWerks Race Exhaust sounds pretty good at 7K.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
add a resonator. Its what happens when you get a 2.5" piping. Cat-back that drones... Should of went 2.25"

·
Registered
385 Posts
add a resonator. Its what happens when you get a 2.5" piping. Cat-back that drones... Should of went 2.25"
Has nothing to do with it. My stock piping droned with a muffler on it. Op, et a resonator on the front pipe and it will be better.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I just drive faster!
Mine is super quite at 3K rpm.
on the good side the drone puts my kids to sleep fast!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I dont think its just 3K i think its when the engine matches the power it needs. If im going down a hill and im on the throttle so the engine matches how fast its going it seems quiet but going up a hill and its pulling hard its super loud.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I dont think its just 3K i think its when the engine matches the power it needs. If im going down a hill and im on the throttle so the engine matches how fast its going it seems quiet but going up a hill and its pulling hard its super loud.
Mine did the same until I put a resonator on it. Now its not so raspy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts