Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Yea, that'll work, easier to see it from the A pillar thou....

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Seeing it DONE & running is Great - it'll be nice to hear more as you get it fine tuned & have some fun with it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Yeah i definitely miss the car and i am looking forward to driving it next week. Im not all about performance just would like to post a dyno because a lot of people dont or maybe im not seeing them.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
I just like the happy camper aspect, up & running producing smiles again.

And no, haven't seen any Dynos. Thought about a baseline when mine was new to me and never ended up doing it - didn't care enough as long as it ran right - pulled good.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I just like the happy camper aspect, up & running producing smiles again.

And no, haven't seen any Dynos. Thought about a baseline when mine was new to me and never ended up doing it - didn't care enough as long as it ran right - pulled good.
Me too, Roger^^^^ I too also thought about dyno's also & got busy w/ other things & after while didn't care about #'s as long as it ran great & pulled great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well Im very new to the email tunes, Tom has been very helpful. But when I took it for a test drive it felt like it had 50% power and throttle response was sluggish, I didn't go WOT though. Tried data logging but the sct and live wire communication kept failing after about 5 mins. Im going to check general tuning chat and see if I need to update something. And afr at idle seems like its very close was between 14.7-15.0

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Its been a while thought Id give an update, Had a scare with an odd knock noise but luckily went away. After about 10 tunes from Tom the car seems really smooth and pulls hard. Tom is really helpful, even with newbies with tuning like me. Eventually Ill put it on the dyno so people can see numbers just got behind dealing with a lot of little gremlins and school. Tom said the 2.5 head with cossie is too much for the engine and I agree but hopefully this car will be boosted down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just read threw your whole swap. Very nice job with everything! Seeing the outcome of your car has me very excited as i have everything to do this to my 07 zx3 just need to figure out what to do with the intake manifold setup. Cant wait to see some numbers when you get a chance to dyno it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I used a cossie knock off but from talking to Tom, he suggests use a 2.3 head with cossie intake or if you use the 2.5 head just use the stock 2.5 intake. I recently hit a deer so it's on back burner once again

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Well Focus community it's been fun but I just sold my baby to a good friend of mine, he plans to continue the tune and treat her right. I bought another car and finally completing my coyote/6r80 swap on my mustang so the focus had to go. Thanks for all the help fellas!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Wanted to let people know that my friend had my old car dynotuned yesterday. It made 179/159. I’m pretty happy with that being a stock motor only intake

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sup @88foxnotch. Thanks for pointing me to this thread, I'm sure its going to help me out a ton.

On the topic of cams... I'm really considering some crower stage 1's for mine since the engine was so cheap.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts