Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Im leaving egr, I just want to get this up and running all the little stuff is killing my budget, also I hate red valve covers but I also do not like blue haha. It will be changed later on

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Felix now you have got my curiosity, maybe I should just remove the egr because Ive read Tom will delete it in the tune anyways. Ill wait until it's tuned- any pros or cons other than cleaning up engine bay?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Felix now you have got my curiosity, maybe I should just remove the egr because Ive read Tom will delete it in the tune anyways. Ill wait until it's tuned- any pros or cons other than cleaning up engine bay?
No burnt exhaust gases into the cylinders + after awhile you'll find the t/b getting stick & have to clean it out w/ carb cleaner/tb cleaner, at least on the cable operated ones. I'd also delete the rear 02 sensor also.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Okay well that sounds good to me, not sure about the rear o2 I have the obx header so I forget if I run one or two.

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
Okay well that sounds good to me, not sure about the rear o2 I have the obx header so I forget if I run one or two.
If i recall correctly, an aftermarket header wont have provisions for the erg and blocks it off anyways and the tune from Tom shutting it off from the ecu side, i dont think you actually need to buy the egr delete kit. Ask Tom his opinion on that before spending more money...i may wrong but wont hurt to ask

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks I will definitely do that, I LIKE saving money. Also does any company sell a cheap tb spacer for the duratec? The throttle is hitting the intake at wot. I didn't see people having this issue but it is a stock tb.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
If i recall correctly, an aftermarket header wont have provisions for the erg and blocks it off anyways and the tune from Tom shutting it off from the ecu side, i dont think you actually need to buy the egr delete kit. Ask Tom his opinion on that before spending more money...i may wrong but wont hurt to ask
Stephen you mean the rear 02 sensor.......not the egr. Your there, delete the egr & by pass the coolant passage for the egr & install a plate.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks guys, yeah Im very excited for the first start up, Ill definitely make a video. I also picked up a magnaflow catback from the junkyard hopefully that sounds decent. Couldn't beat 30 bucks

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Awesome man! Who is going to be doing your tuning?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Made another bung on the header for the wideband. Should be able to read well enough i hope. Also learned that i had to turn the iac upside down but the throttle will still hut the iac bolt heads and i think even if i shave them down. Any suggestions? About to make my own spacer

Attachments

41 - 60 of 102 Posts