Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Nice man! planning to come to FocusFest this year? It's in Cordova, Illinois we had a couple peeps with the 2.5 swap show up last year

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
he did some nice work on your IM, puts mine to shame inside but I gave up after a little work.

I did have to correct the TB opening like you did. Had a very nice lip on one side with the stock and cossie TBs

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks. Yeah he did really well but hes also been doing it his whole life. He worked for Dart but now does this on the side. Tb was way off but cant expect much from a copy. Hopefully it will help but im worried about low end torque with stock cams.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well it will definitely be better than stock. I am curious to see the dyno numbers, I have a friend with one so after its tuned Ill go see what it does. My mustang is my street strip car but in a way this car is more fun haha

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah for sure Im curious to see the rev difference and vibration. Im also inserting the poly inserts on the lower mount. Hopefully that helps the 2nd gear clunk

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
Yeah for sure Im curious to see the rev difference and vibration. Im also inserting the poly inserts on the lower mount. Hopefully that helps the 2nd gear clunk
definetly helps the clunk. You'll get vibs at idle but other than that it should be good! Focus is fun to drive because its nimble. Add some extra power and its great to drive nimble and quick. I want to throw a FSwerks turbo on it at some point. I hear it responds quite well to that [drinking]

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yes, I use to have eibach lowering springs but now just have the ford racing kit, still handles well. Turbo would be great for sure, about 300whp I wouldn't complain at all!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hmmmm, Ill have to read up on that. Im sure they can handle about 10-12lbs. I gotta finish the other car first and get this one running but I can dream

21 - 40 of 102 Posts