Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always thanks for the help....

So for my second 2.5 swap I’m thinking of trying to use the 2.5 front cover and crank sensor in my 05 zx3. I have Saturn Vue electric steering so the engine does not need a Power steering pump (use factory tensioner). I was looking at it and it seems a few shims will adjust the stock motor mount and the rest looks plug and play ?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

·
FF Affiliate
30,369 Posts
You cant run the 2.5 balancer and you cant use the 2.3 balancer on the 2.5 cover because of the bolts for the crank trigger being to far away , there was something else as well

Tom

·
Registered
384 Posts
You cant run the 2.5 balancer and you cant use the 2.3 balancer on the 2.5 cover because of the bolts for the crank trigger being to far away , there was something else as well

Tom
So you can not use a 2.5 cover with a 2.5 crank balancer, with the focus crank pick up? I actually prefer using the 2.5 oil pan and pick up with the 2.5 cam cover as the oil dip stick is out of the way.

Curious if I could use the 2.5 front cover as well, and just notch the extra motor mount bolt out of the way and use a 2.3 crank pulley. This would really simplify the swap process

1 - 5 of 5 Posts