Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
mods: cfm tb, steeda cai, magnaflow catback. no more planned upgrades. 151k original owner (me) miles on the ticker. I recently switched to M1 5w30. long commute, 65 miles each way, primarily highway. what "gains" would I be looking at with a tune? I know the tranny is null. also, I do not own a laptop or tablet, so data logging would be out. I work in parts at a ford dealership, so I can run my vin and get you the pcm code. can you do a good canned tune, or do you need to tap in? just wondering if it's worth putting $400 into this thing at this point. thanks.

-jon

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
With the mods you have it would be worth it , stock it would be worth it

I dont do canned tunes , I only do custom tuning to your mods , Focus and driving style and likes
The xcal4 is 429.00 and 20.00 for shipping , you get the xcal4 , full custom tuning , free tune updates as you add more NA mods and my datalogging services where I can remote into your laptop and set up the log list and do the first log like I was sitting in the car with you
You can pay with check or MO or use paypal add 3%

Tom

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not own a laptop or tablet.

is the xcal 4 better than the 3?? I have the 3 with tunes from a vendor in FL for my ford flex, and the damn thing takes forever to download/upload into pcm.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
If you have a XCAL flasher the custom tune is 150.00 and comes with free tune updates as you add more NA mods

You can only tune one car at a time with the xcal

Tom

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a XCAL flasher the custom tune is 150.00 and comes with free tune updates as you add more NA mods

You can only tune one car at a time with the xcal

Tom
right. I wasn't planning on giving up the flex's tuner!

the tuner is $399 on your website, but that is the xcal 3. is that still legit, or have they all been sold and reoplaced by the 4 at the higher cost mentioned here? how many tunes will come loaded? the tuner that did my flex did an 87 mpg, 87 performance, and 93, and then I had him add a 93 + 2* because it didn't feel real powerful.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Correct the xcal3 is discontinued and replaced with the x4

Tuning with me wont be the same as with your Flex tune , I do only custom tuning where you will datalog with a list I can set up for you and you send me a datalog and I send you back a custom tune this way you get a tune that works best for your Focus , your mods , your driving style , more then likely your Flex has canned tunes and you never sent your tuner a datalog to make sure your getting the best and safest driveability and performance

You will need a laptop to do the datalogging , a Customer went to the pawn shop and bought a old XP for 80.00

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts