Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a flex pipe made for the zetec motor work on the pzev?
I know the cat-back wont work do to the larger gas tank of the pzev but I have no clue about the flex pipe.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
It wont work. The flex pipe for the Zetec is 2 or 3 times longer than the 2.3's flexpipe and contoured. I believe someone on here or [FJ] said the flexpipe in the 2.3 is already 2.5 "

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah braxus says its less than 2 inches and very restrictive I heard elswhere that you could get 2-3 hp just by changing the flex pipe. I wonder if this could be a mod that would still pass smog, that is just to change the flex pipe and leave every thing else stock? I have a Marcy sport intake that I plan to take off for smog when necessary but I am looking for mods for a few more hp that are smog legal in cali I would appreciate sugestions+ opinions by knowledgable people though stupid remarks by dumasses are acceptable.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
You wont have any problems passing smog in CA with the intake. The flexpipe is only a pipe. Why wouldnt it pass smog? Will that Draxxus flexpipe work with the stock exhaust ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I was speaking to the tech over at focussport he said that the flex pipe is perfect in stock form and there would be little if any power gained by replacing it since it is so short. I recall him telling me it was already 2.25", but may be wrong *scratches head*

·
Registered
47 Posts
The stock flex pipe at its smallest point is 1 5/8".Changing to a 2.5" flex adds 3whp and 2 ft lbs. torque.I specifically did a before and after dyno.I also agree that the flex pipe by itself should not affect emmissions or void any warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
nope you gots to get them for the 2.3 total different layout on the bottom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts