Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Focus st 2.3l. I want to get a air intake but which one is the best. I live in PA with rain and snow, so I dont think I want one that hangs down on the bottom where it will suck water and snow. Right now it has the stock box on it with about 85k mi. Will an intake really make a huge difference? Which one is the best and best price? Anyone have a used one?
I like the Steeda one the best so far, but it's very pricey.[headbang][ffrocks]

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hey i have a 2004 2.3 and put a K&N CAI on mine and i havnt had any problems. On my 2004 there is a box that you can place the filter in to protect it from the elements while still getting air. Along with there are filter "bags" that go over the filter to prevent hydrolock. Since you want a Short ram i believe that Steeda is really the only one. Ill work on doing some more research though. I took my CAI off my 2004 and put it on my 2005 2.0 and it works just like it did on the old one. On the 2005's there should be a plastic plate under the bottom to protect that area.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Fswerks makes some good stuff. definitly check them out.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Ive seen the weapon r's and people have always asked about them but ive never used them. i guess look up some reviews sorry i cant help ya there.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Guys,please note your posting in Focus Power,which is Turbo Toms (sponsor/vendor) forum,mostly for tuning and questions directed to Him.
You will have much greater responses in the Duratec performance thread located elsewhere in this Forum.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I didnt even realize that we were in his part of the forum. >_<

1 - 9 of 9 Posts