Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
pitchblackab said:
Turbo focus would kill a GT man the GT is slow as shit, stock GT is a 15 second car stock can run 14's with some mods, a mach 1 runs low 14's can run 13's with a little mods and the cobra is a low 13 high 12 second car depending on the track conditions and driver.

So figure a focus which is a mustang on a 600 pound diet to quote from the same article that you read the wheelbase is almost a whole two inches longer. So figure 600 less pounds plus something like 215 hp (SRT area) and bam you got yourself a 13 second car. Considering the SVT is a low 15 second car (by most magazines) boost that power by 45hp and it seems that you are faster than a GT.

And yes ford will not make a turbo focus at least till they see sales figures for the new bodystyle mustangs and see if they have a future in the market they just inherited since the death of the camaro/firebird. Their only option would be to keep the mach ones speed on the GT level and kill the Base level v8, and just keep the two more powerful ones that way a turbo focus wouldnt be jumping in on the mustangs tail.
Gt is not slow as shit, even AOD runs mid 14's, 5 spd range from 13.85 bone stock to 14.3 with good drivers. Don't believe me, check stangnet.com or corrall.net. Next, a mach 1 is a dohc 4.6 basically the same engine as the 2001 cobra. It runs mid 13's all day and with few mods can dip into the upper 12's easily. To say that GT's are slow is a farse. The 2.3 is a great engine and I'm a focus fan but to compare the two is insane. There may be a weight difference but look at the raw torque numbers. The base v-6 mustang will get bumped up to around 235 hp/equal torque probably out of the sohc 4.0 motor in the 2005 model. The base gt jumps from 260 to over 300 hp. A new chassis based on the dewlite will benefit the new stang. Cobra even higher. Point being, ford has a lot of nice things going for it including the focus and mustang. I will consider a 2005 focus myself as I just saw some pics of it. The futura, 500, freesytle, crosstrainer, redesigned explorer and freshened escape are just on the horizon, look for em in the det auto show.

Peace[cool]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I went back again about a month ago and the dealer raised the price another 400 dollars on the new 03. The 04 ZX3s are really scarce here and for several hundred miles around. I guess I'll start looking for a used 03. I have seen a few for just under 10K, but many miles away.

·
Registered
84 Posts
imajsdaddy said:
Actually the SVT has had horrible quality problems! Mine has had 39 day of shop time in 9 months! 1 more day and ford will be getting the lemon law thrown at them... I want to have mine replaced with an 04 for no additional cost!

I also know of 1 other SVTF here in anchorage alaska that has already been bought back by ford. He bought a RX8 (Lucky bastard!) <----- he's a good guy not a bastard, just worked!

Call 800-ford-svt and ask about the problems with the SVTF before you buy it.... now I love my car but major reliability issues!
You from AK huh? I drive the maroon Focus ZX3. You were the guy at the last SCCA autoX weren't ya? I was with the guy with the Cobra. I know the warranty people at Cal's, and they told me about that SVT. Is it still siting in the back lot? I know that there was a SVT at the auction the other day, told my friend to NOT BUY IT!

Also, in my opinion, just go with the 2.3, don't matter if its a duratech, zetec, or any tech...its a more powerful engine. Responds VERY well to mods. I know that FC has two of them runnin LOW 14's.

BTW, who said that the GT will run 15's? They run low 14's stock. And I know a guy that is runnin a Cobra that is gonna run 10's with just a little over 2000 dollars in mods.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i have a 2.0 but if i could get all my money back for modding my car i would sell it and get the 2.3 duratec.
everyone say it with me TURBO! t.u.r.b.o TURBO! 14 psi on stock internals.
2.0 zetec no internal work 14psi= nice BOOOOOOOOM!
wait it out get the 2.3 thats my .02 cents

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
erik-smith said:
SRT makes 230hp @ 5300 RPM, and 250 lb-ft [email protected] 2200 RPM, 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds. I have heard that the Focus SVT will do quite well against it in the twisties.
your average kid with a plastic card is his/her wallet doesn't even know how to do the twisties. most kids on the streets just race in a strait line and dont race with turns.

LOWER WACKER DR. chicago thats where its happening at 3:00 A.M anyone from chicago knows what im talking about. its like a total grand turismo down there if i made a video game that would be a race course down there and i would add the bums sitting around too.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
35 Posts
your average kid with a plastic card is his/her wallet doesn't even know how to do the twisties. most kids on the streets just race in a strait line and dont race with turns.
I know all about the twisties and young kids not being able to handle them. 19 years on motorcycles. I ride with a few young guys who ride newer 600cc and 1000cc crotch rockets, and I ride 80's technology '00 sport touring bike. 9 out of 10 times they will crush me in straight line race. 10 out of 10 times, on a twisty road, they arrive some time after me wondering how anyone can take a bike as big as mine so easily through a road like that.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
motorcycles>cars
unless its winter hehehe i rode only a dirtbike and i like um. im considering buying a bike this summer... they seem like a ton of fun. my friends have them i dont, im jealous. : (

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a dirtbike too, and my wife rides, the winter kills me every year, since I can't ride. There are some pics and a few vids here , if you are bored.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i was waiting for your woman to pop it up down the street or brake torque it j/k. eric your a lil evil kinevil aren't cha lol nice vids, i liked!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lol, not on her bike, it's decent sized, 750cc, but not a wheelie bike! Yeah I get to be a bit crazy, only been dirtbiking a bit over a year, I may have to give it up so I can spend more on my Focus [thumb]

·
Registered
306 Posts
ford is SUPOSIBLE working on a turbo focus accordoing to blueovalnews.com

41 - 52 of 52 Posts