Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the stats on any gains from dropping a 2.3 throttle body into your NA focus? thinking of going that route soon.[race]

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've got it ordered but the bolts had to be 'special ordered' so delivery got pushed back a week.

It's fairly nice according to the thread about it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah it helps with some throttle response and not much more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
99% of the time upgraded throttle bodies will not get you more power. You will however get better throttle response.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No noticable power gains, but significantly better throttle response. If you are getting gains off the throttle body something is wrong with the initial design as that thing should not be a significant factor in pressure drop at full open.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Tom has the TB been tested after tuning optimisations..IE: when you tested Johns TB, was tuning optimisations done yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am thinking about doing this also will it give the increase of throttle response and toque without a tune or is one required because I'm not looking to tune

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am thinking about doing this also will it give the increase of throttle response and toque without a tune or is one required because I'm not looking to tune
I'm actually really curious about this, as well. I've been wanting to get a bit faster with my Focus, and I know power is part of it but so is better parts in general. Curious if anybody has also tracked a car with the throttle body upgrade with the DCT? With and without tune? Is it a noticeable increase in throttle response? Or is the stock tune on the transmission still making it a bit of a slouch to get up and go?

Right now I'm completely stock and I'm actually sick and tired of the transmission taking 30 seconds to figure out how and when to shift. Looking into the SCT tune, but I'm currently saving up for a wedding so I can't quite just throw money at it yet. Haha!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Need a tune with a header you may lean out at wot, especially on 87 fuel

·
Registered
29 Posts
I track my ‘16 DCT, granted stuff I did last year was informal with half my build put together. I have my complete NA build (minus coil overs) ready for this year so I plan on getting on the dyno and get my 1/4 mike time as well.

Throttle response on the 63mm eco boost mustang TB was quite noticable with the tune. To be honest I don’t remember much before it had the tune.

The header needs a tune. Most headers that are worth putting on are going to delete the cat so it’s a noticable improvement but that also means you could lean out at WOT, plus you’ll have your check engine light blaring at you.. also note that header + exhaust will increase sound dramatically so be ready for it.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^ Header + exhaust and 2.5" aftermarket st exhaust with only 2 resonators, no rear muffler is loud AF too. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed my new TB (2.3/2.7 EcoBoost) on the 2.0 NA. Biggest pain in the rear was getting the stock boot over the new throttlebody. Grease it up first and it goes on a lot easier, also undo the clamp completely and take it off the hose.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^ so what did you think? I feel like it pulls harder at 75% to wot, touchier throttle..tires break loose easier...worth it for sure, although when I ordered mine over a year ago the TB was only $26..it's gone way up now thanks to the demand

1 - 20 of 32 Posts