Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use NOS on my 2.3 ST maybe a 50 or a 75 shot of NOS??? Will I blow my engine or something??? I think I will do this sometime this week so I need answers... [:)]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Take it to a knowledgable place like focus-sport to get it tuned, and you should be all good.

I've seen 1 or 2 duratec's on the spray, and say the motor responds to it just fine, and it's fun. I'd stay with something less than a 75 shot until you get it tuned via SCT xcal...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah when I get the NOS I will have, cams, header and the SCT XCAL2 t to have it tuned.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
well saleen found it a fit engine to put nitrous on so im guessing so..the only thing i would be afraid of is that the internals of the duratec have a bigger to do list than the zetecs..i always thought cast iron as better than aluminum for blocks

·
Registered
773 Posts
Edit: oops, sorry i read the post below and thougt that you had said that you were gona run a dry one.
sorry again i was really tired when i posted this.

My bad,
-Sarif2029

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for that info sacrif... I planned on doing a wet kit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i know turbo kits are way more, but i would wait as long as you can, nitrious is whatever, i guess gets the job done, but turbos in my opinion are more long term upgrades.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree... but a turbo is just not for me... I like them and everything but I would really like to be able to keep control of my car and also a turbo in my opinion puts more stress on a motor than NOS because NOS is just a quick spirt while turbo is constantly boostin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts