Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 2.3 Duratec Saleen n20. I have been looking of getting some upgrades for it. Namely a header (with flex pipe) a intake, accel coils, and a stage 1 OE valvetrain cam. What is necessary tuning wise for all of this? I'm really an old school guy with carbs so tuning is new to me. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I need to start? I just did all the brake and it has new cv axles as well. I am looking for around 200 hp. With everything here I figute i can get around that.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Dont know what came on the Stock Saleens performance wise. But the easiest things to do would be...

Exhaust
Header
Intake
Tune to tie it all together.

Tom should see this soon enough, he is a focus tuner on the site, been around a long time, there is also Steeda as well, Injected Tuning. Just off the top of my head.

Can really get some extra by changing the internals of the engine if you want to go that route.

Throw up some pictures so we can see the Saleen!

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I can help with your tuning needs

If your talking just Boltons and cams you wont get to 200 at the wheels but you would gin a good bit over stock and will make for a lot more fun car

Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its at 155, atleast stock it was, i want enough of a gain to improve it, but not enough i need to upgrade my clutch

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
A header, mild set of cams, intake, & a tune will really help.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Shouldn't need those coils, put the $ toward the other improvements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts