Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any rebates or incentives for the '04 2.3?? Id love to trade my Zetec in on one, but the negative equity I would encur would be too much. What kind of numbers are the 2.3's with the ATX and manual generating on a dyno?? And is it a noticeable improvement over the 2.0?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
With just an intake, and a good driver, 15.3-15.4 can be obtained. (My 15.4 run was on Azenis tires, and Koni's on full stiff, Andy pulled a 15.3 on stock tires). With I/H/E and cam timing, we have one person looking at 14.5s

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Egz said:
With just an intake, and a good driver, 15.3-15.4 can be obtained. (My 15.4 run was on Azenis tires, and Koni's on full stiff, Andy pulled a 15.3 on stock tires). With I/H/E and cam timing, we have one person looking at 14.5s
Damn[headbang] [headbang]

Is that ATX or MTX? I might have to save some pennies, build up some positive equity and buy a 2.3[:D]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
All 3 cars are MTX. I have yet to hear any numbers from an ATX equiped 2.3l.

·
Registered
253 Posts
from what i've heard the 2.3 liter is actually prety peppy with the automatics and have read that the auto is strongly recommended for the 2.3 because of how smooth it is and stuf. i opersonally would go with the mtx just for the fun factor and the ability to in the future make it a litle faster by all the parts that posibly will be coming out such as flywheels clutches and the like. hope that helps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM THE ATX There was a father and son at the track when I went and they had 2.5'exhaust, FC throttle body, anf Pro-M mass air meter and of course the ATX they both had 17" rims and BF goodrich G-force tires and ran 16.5 and 16.6 I REPEAT STAY AWAY FROM THE ATX GET THE MTX AND LOVE YOUR CAR! Remember with a ATX you only steer you dont really drive[driving] [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

·
Registered
271 Posts
nevermind i figured it out manual transmission and auto tranny. u learn alot from these forums, so of u guys no so much about the focus it helps some of us out alot

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
wakeboarder1987 said:
nevermind i figured it out manual transmission and auto tranny. u learn alot from these forums, so of u guys no so much about the focus it helps some of us out alot
I guess there's nothing we can do to help your spelling, though...

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK, ATX bashers ... take it easy. Mine has an ATX and I like it fairly well. Granted I don't get to pull through the gears, but I also sit in commute traffic for hours so I'm not mashing a clutch all the time either. If ATX works better for your situation (such as commuting) I'm here to say the power is still phenomenal. Crusing 60 down the freeway I can turn off the O/D and it put's my RPM's at about 3800 - right where the power is incredible - I can be up to 90 in no time and my RPM's are still ok not to have to shift.

Wanna shift? - buy a shifter kart! Race it wheel to wheel @ 85MPH at your local sprint track - then you'll know what it's like to be busy! 6 speed tranny shifting 28 times in a 30 second lap. Daaaaaamn, most fun you can have outside of the bedroom! [:D]

I wanted an MTX also, but it just didn't work out like that - none left when I bought. My point is that the ATX is not a bad thing, I think you'd be happy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
personally, the 2.3L Ford Focus is what made me gain respect for new age Domestic Vehicals. I use to be your typical Import Driver that bashed on Domestic Vehicals and who would of known I would have crashed me 300ZX!? When I did...I got a Ford Ranger...and I was very very disappoined in it. First off, it had no power...the 4 banger they had in it was crap, and when it comes down to it, I hated it. I pleaded to my father and he ended up getting me a new Ford Focus. And when I sat behind the wheel for the test drive...I was in love. This 2.3L gave me new perspective in Domestic compact vehicals. I like my focus a lot...and I got peeps driving MR2 Turbo's trying to keep up ;). Good luck with you Foci and I am sure you will enjoy

P.S. = mods are Marcy Motorsports CAI, FC Short Shifter, and 2.5 inch Custom exaust with magnaflow can....hope to see new rims and a drop soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts