marcy cold air, magnaflow cat back, short shifter
was looking for some advice for my next mod
its gotta keep the check eng light off as this is my daily
something mild. I like to get up to highway speed quickly
any recomendations?

·
Registered
582 Posts
tune. you will love it. maybe a tb too. bsd is cheap and easy.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
OBX header and a tune will give you a healthy gain

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's your budget? Also, what aspect of your car is most important (speed, handling, etc.)?

I believe that the best mod you can do is new tires...and if you can afford a new wheel/tire setup that's the way to go. Make sure the tires are sticky and the wheels are light! I see a lot of people putting SVT wheels on their Foci which confuses me because they are 20+ pounds. A good set of lightweight 15- or 16-inch wheels and some nice tires will do wonders.

Also, the SVT suspension kit can be had for about $250 + shipping.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Like these guy's said= I'd do a BSD= Balance Shaft Delete plug, & add a header & a tune, that'll get you up to speed quickly!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't know about your car, but mine has NO trouble getting up to speed. At 3000 on the ramp in second, it's an absolute bear. I'm doing 60 before I merge. My previous car (check my signin) was an AWD turbo, stated 205hp, and under that situation, the focus would stay with it with no trouble

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
What Mod's do you have?

I don't know about your car, but mine has NO trouble getting up to speed. At 3000 on the ramp in second, it's an absolute bear. I'm doing 60 before I merge. My previous car (check my signin) was an AWD turbo, stated 205hp, and under that situation, the focus would stay with it with no trouble
^^^ I don't know what you had before, or what Mod's you have on your Foci.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
4.06:1 gears!!! that always helps with on ramps! and the parts listed above, header/tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts