Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I use a 2.3 head gasket kit or do I also need a 2.5 head gasket. Or are the head gaskets the same even though the bore is 2mm bigger?

Obx or fswerks header. Which one would you use and why?

Also my local track has a 90db limit. Will I be able to stay under that with a header?

Also is it better to wrap or coat the header since the factory one has that big heat shield around it?

Thank you.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Do I use a 2.3 head gasket kit or do I also need a 2.5 head gasket. Or are the head gaskets the same even though the bore is 2mm bigger? I'd see what the difference is first. Whats the thickness?

Obx or fswerks header. Which one would you use and why? fwerks is a nice piece & ceramic coated.

Also my local track has a 90db limit. Will I be able to stay under that with a header? Use a stealth muffler & resonator or 2 stealth's= one into another.

Also is it better to wrap or coat the header since the factory one has that big heat shield around it? You wouldn't need to w/ the fwerks header.

Thank you.
[grinking]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Unsure on HG

FSW and OBX headers and both knockoffs of the Cosworth. I had a OBX for years, fit great and lasted. Id buy another one in a heartbeat.

I wrapped mine and it helped with underhood temps a lot. Its stainless so no need to worry about rust

Not sure on the noise restriction. Mine measured at 93db with a OBX header and a 2.5" MBRP which had a resonator and muffler

·
Registered
609 Posts
idobson, I am curious why do you want to put a 2.3 cylinder head on a 2.5?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well because my understanding is that the 2.5 Head uses VVT, and also I don't think anyone makes intakes or headers for the 2.5 head at the moment so I would have no way to connect it

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
My understanding of VCT may be flawed (and please correct me if I am wrong here), but if the VCT solenoids receive no signal from the PCM wouldn't the cam default to the "neutral" cam position? So with that said couldn't you just leave the VCT solenoids in place and it would act like they were not there, as they would not be receiving a signal from the PCM?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Keep the 2.5 head.
2.3 header works.
Run the Massive vct delete.
Run the stock Fusion/Escape/Mazda/Inlet manifold.

But you will need one of these items being discussed in this thread
So this is something you have done and it all worked ?

Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RallyRS, that link didn't work for me, but I did find some mention of it, they havn't built it yet and said they probably wont in the thread I read.

·
Registered
202 Posts
RallyRS, that link didn't work for me, but I did find some mention of it, they havn't built it yet and said they probably wont in the thread I read.
looking at the pic of that adapter plate seems pretty simple in design to me. if none go into production any competent machine shop could fab one up pretty easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts