Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 zx4 st, 2.3 DOHC. need to replace due to cracked head or blown head gasket. Motor has 240k on it so not want to fix this motor.

Which cars can be a donor with little to no mods. I am looking for something that is plug and play, maybe swap an intake something along those line.

I do not want to get into make a lot of mods to make it work, nor do I want to have a tune for it, it is just a daily driver.

thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Escape until 2008 or Focus w/ 2.3. Near VA by chance? I've got one in the for sale section I'm nearly giving away

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have an 05 zx4 st, 2.3 DOHC. need to replace due to cracked head or blown head gasket. Motor has 240k on it so not want to fix this motor.

Which cars can be a donor with little to no mods. I am looking for something that is plug and play, maybe swap an intake something along those line.

I do not want to get into make a lot of mods to make it work, nor do I want to have a tune for it, it is just a daily driver.

thanks.
The most straight forward swap would be a 2.3L Duratec from a 2005-2007 ST like yours. Unfortunately only the 05-07 ST models had the 2.3 all other 05-07 had the 2.0L. You probably would not have to do too much to use a 03-04 2.3 but likely not as plug/play as a 05-07. The 08-11 only had the 2.0L.

Good luck
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts