Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2005 ZX4 ST and am planning on getting a Trubendz exhaust as one of my next mods.

I'm not planning on doing much more than an intake after the exhaust as far as performance goes, but was wondering if there really is a difference in HP/sound between the 2.25" and the 2.5" Trubendz setup?

Also, just curious what the loudest exhaust system available for our cars was?

Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Go for a 2.5'' mandrell bent tubing. I'd do a Steeda sri 1st. A great cheap mod is do a bsd plug. Make the motor more responsive & better mpg.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
thanks and ya i was looking at those, the price tag of the FSwerks cai just looks so much better
W/ a sri, you don't have to deal w/ any water issues & its easier to get to a sri filter. Jump on the bsd for sure,,,,,

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
racelands, unfortunately I'm on the broke college student budget so couldn't spend more than I did
I would of gone w/ a fixed platform (springs/dampers) over those. Do a balance shaft delete= bsd. A great super cheap mod.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Forego the Steeda and just make your own SRI using the factory MAF tube. All it costs you is a little time and the cone filter of your choosing. Mine cost a total of $30 because I bought a $25 filter and a MAF tube from a JY for $4 in case I didn't like the SRI.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Forego the Steeda and just make your own SRI using the factory MAF tube. All it costs you is a little time and the cone filter of your choosing. Mine cost a total of $30 because I bought a $25 filter and a MAF tube from a JY for $4 in case I didn't like the SRI.

I would bet you my milk shake money that your fueling if checked is all over the place with that filter on the MAF like that

Tom

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would of gone w/ a fixed platform (springs/dampers) over those. Do a balance shaft delete= bsd. A great super cheap mod.
I wanted to be lower then that would've gotten me, and not to worried about ride quality since I just drive short distances around campus. Really do like the stance of your car though!

But I was looking into the BSD plug and saw that getting a baffle was recommended too? would i be fine just doing the BSD and not see any issues? I dont ever race/track this car and heard that's what it's really needed for to keep the engine from starving for oil at times.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I wanted to be lower then that would've gotten me, and not to worried about ride quality since I just drive short distances around campus. Really do like the stance of your car though!= Thanx.

But I was looking into the BSD plug and saw that getting a baffle was recommended too? would i be fine just doing the BSD and not see any issues? I dont ever race/track this car and heard that's what it's really needed for to keep the engine from starving for oil at times.
You can do a bsd plug w/o a baffle/windage tray. Massive & CFM offer them. Yea its a fairly simple saturday morning project & a great superduper upgrade on the cheap. Just a few hrs of your time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, so I'm looking at installing a custom 2.5" cat back with a dual exit Flowmaster 80 series on my N/A '12 SE. My question is (if anybody knows or can guess) why Magnaflow, Borla and Flowmaster catback kits are all 2.25", the FSWERKS kit is a 2.5" and is cheaper and of course sounds the best imo cause its 2.5", so WHY are the smaller diameter kits more expensive? Is there actually a performace advantage to having less exhaust diameter?

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
I would bet you my milk shake money that your fueling if checked is all over the place with that filter on the MAF like that

Tom
So I'm curious doing the DIY stealth CAI on the d-tec would cause fueling issues as well since it directly attaches to the MAF like the photo? would installing a silicone adapter work to mitigate this issue?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Ok, so I'm looking at installing a custom 2.5" cat back with a dual exit Flowmaster 80 series on my N/A '12 SE. My question is (if anybody knows or can guess) why Magnaflow, Borla and Flowmaster catback kits are all 2.25", the FSWERKS kit is a 2.5" and is cheaper and of course sounds the best imo cause its 2.5", so WHY are the smaller diameter kits more expensive? Is there actually a performace advantage to having less exhaust diameter?
The Borla I have is a 2.5'' system. Seems like the fwerks is the way to go for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Borla I have is a 2.5'' system. Seems like the fwerks is the way to go for you.
The muffler shop only wants around $300 for a custom 2.5" mandrel bent, no resonator straight through to the muffler so it looks like that's the way I'm headed. I dont mind the extra grumble of a resonatorless catback

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The muffler shop only wants around $300 for a custom 2.5" mandrel bent, no resonator straight through to the muffler so it looks like that's the way I'm headed. I dont mind the extra grumble of a resonatorless catback
Sounds like a good deal,,,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts