Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the svt header, stock svt cat, and 2.5 flex. Whats the pros and cons with the 2.25 and 2.5 exhausts? Mike from Hilbish Ford told me it would be better to go with the 2.5 exhaust. I would like to do that but cant really find any good exhaust systems that would fit a sedan (unless i modified a zx3/5 exhaust, if thats possible). I want a borla but, the FS stealth is sounding good too. Im guessing i will have more low end torque with the 2.25 and, more top end power with the 2.5. any advice would help alot! Thx

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
2.5, that will give you something to play with if you ever go FI

i also have a borla, but not the trubendz one, its the real one... and it sounds awsume!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice. ok, im going to ask a stupid question but, i can make the trubends exhaust work for my sedan right? how much did you pay for yours? i want to put a borla muffler and a resonator (not sure what kind yet prob. magnaflow) so it wont be as loud. it wouldnt sound ricey would it? FYI i have the svt header too.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
2.5, that will give you something to play with if you ever go FI
yeah, i like the idea of a supercharger esspecially the flat torque curve. not any time soon tho, i dont have much cash to work with. maybe turbo, seems a bit more expencive for the zetec. Although, i havent really check any of them out exept the FS turbo and the SC.

i missed the link to acually look at the different exhausts they have. u guys think a SS or aluminumized would be better? im leaning toward the aluminized one b/c of the price.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
thanks for the advice. ok, im going to ask a stupid question but, i can make the trubends exhaust work for my sedan right? how much did you pay for yours? i want to put a borla muffler and a resonator (not sure what kind yet prob. magnaflow) so it wont be as loud. it wouldnt sound ricey would it? FYI i have the svt header too.
Yeah, they sell ZX3/ZX5 kits and a Sedan kit; just make sure that when you order you give trubendz a note in your paypal payment that you have a sedan or they'll send you a ZX3 kit. The borla does not sound ricey, and you probably won't need a resonator. The borla isn't very loud, but it sounds great.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
borla give a nice musscle are tone, not creeps ricy sound.

if it were to loud after installing it, remove the straight pipe, and install a glass pack, and it will tone it down to almost a stock car sound, untill you floor it.. i LOVE MINE!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Ummmm.....A glasspack will just make it sound really ricey. Maybe a little quieter but not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is a glasspack just a resonator? or is it a muffler? im getting the resonator b/c i want a quiet exhaust that will also flow as well

·
Banned
589 Posts
Definately get one with a resonator. An svt header swap without a resonator in the exhaust system sounds like a large swarm of angry bees.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
is a glasspack just a resonator? or is it a muffler? im getting the resonator b/c i want a quiet exhaust that will also flow as well
It's an actual muffler, made for V8's really. My friend has one on his camry and it sounds like a whole bunch of pissed-off bees [hihi]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Definitely get the resonator that trubendz offers with their kits since you have a header.
I'm pretty sure the resonator is magnaflow, and that would sound nice w/ the borla muffler.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool, i was planning to get the one with the resonator with hopes it wouldnt be really loud. its not the loudness that bothers me its the raspyness. i used to have a '91 eagle talon and had a pacesetter header and 2.5 exhaust with no cat. needless to say it sounded really bad!

i have learned my lesson with that tho. i am going with mostly top-quality parts and keeping the cat so, it should sound pretty good hopefully.

thanks for the advice everybody!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts