Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it's possible to bolt a 2.25" cat-back up to the stock flex pipe. I'm planning on getting a cat-back this christmas, and won't have enough money to get the full exhaust at one time.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I did the same thing and there was no problem.
Your stock exhaust only 2" so going to 2.25" would be a waste on time and money
Go up to 2.5" focus Sport or Borla.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh....I'm pretty sure stock exhaust is 1.75" or smaller. I'll have to go out and measure it and get back to you. I thought about 2.5", but I'm not planning on going past a few basic bolt-ons, and definately can't afford to go turbo.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, just measured and it's approx. about 1.75". So I'm upping the tubing half an inch, not too bad considering I'm looking mainly for sound purposes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah, just measured and it's approx. about 1.75". So I'm upping the tubing half an inch, not too bad considering I'm looking mainly for sound purposes.
Looks like the euro Focus has abit bigger stock exhaust.
2.5" it'll give more of a pick up and a nice sporty sound.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll see. I'm going to order from trubendz, and the only reason I'd go with a 2.5" system is because it would sound better, and at trubendz, it doesn't cost any more than a 2.25" system.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
what the hell are you guys saying?? stock exhaust is 2.25" lol!! no really though, that's what it is, at least for a 2002 sedan like mine [wiggle]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
wow that felt so rude lol.......I'm going to bed. I spent 6 hours cleaning my Foci and a very large Taurus, both which really needed a good clean

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what the hell are you guys saying?? stock exhaust is 2.25" lol!! no really though, that's what it is, at least for a 2002 sedan like mine [wiggle]
I would go back and re-measure, My car is an '02 too, and it's 1.75". I'd bet my life that stock exhaust isn't 2.25".

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I would go back and re-measure, My car is an '02 too, and it's 1.75". I'd bet my life that stock exhaust isn't 2.25".
ok....yeah, lemme check my Haynes manual [thumb]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
uh...never mind that for now, it's in my trunk :p

BUT I went to get it anyway.....

and WHAT?! I thought for sure the pipe diameter was in there.....damn them :p

I'm sure the pipe extruding from the muffler is smaller than the whole system though.....it has to be

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm going to agree with Trailbikerider as my 07 focus was 1.75 stock and i upgraded to the 2.25 mbrp. The only reason to go to a 2.5 is if you plan to get a turbo other wise 2.25 will give you the max gains out of an exhaust as well as it has a nice tone.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
wow I've been misled!!! sweet, I got a bigger exhaust than stock though :D one more reason why a system is better than just a muffler......take that parents :D. I wouldn't need a new cat now, would I? don't know why I ask.....but ya never know

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
So how much for a stock exhaust in the U.S?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
ok guys theres some crazy crap being said in here. let me clarify. (not saying anyones wrong, jsuta few seem to be totally confused.

stock zetec/spi 1.75 inch

most catbacks 2.25 (and most flexpipes you'll find)

catbacks for svt foci 2.5 inch.
these will fit non svt foci. its the same dimensions. and these will fit duratec foci as well. you CAN run a 2.5 inch exhaust system (what most high flow cats are inner dia. wise anyhow) on a stock zetec and see very god gains. but to take advantage you ahve to have adressed the entire exhaust. you only need 3 inch if your running with forced induction.

2.25 is mainly jsut for sound and while it offers some gains it wont be as much as a 2.5 inch setup. ask 1turbofocus and he will tell you almost the same thing.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I couldn't find any 2.5" systems for my Foci, but I probably didn't because they weren't in my price range.....maybe, or it could be because I thought it wouldn't fit. I still need more clarification if the 2.25" fits the stock cat and I might as well throw in there: what's the benefit of a high flow cat?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
try this site http://www.newfordparts.com/catalog.htm that's where I got this information: stock replacement exhaust pipes for 00-04 sedan, $170 and stock lunchbox for 00-04 sedan, $223....... WTF!!! seriously, wow.... [slap]Ford
It's Stainless Steel though, that's why it's so expensive. And 2, ford OEM stuff is good quality....so I guess they think they can charge alot for it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
try this site http://www.newfordparts.com/catalog.htm that's where I got this information: stock replacement exhaust pipes for 00-04 sedan, $170 and stock lunchbox for 00-04 sedan, $223....... WTF!!! seriously, wow.... [slap]Ford
Well I have 2 euro stock lunchbox or mufflers i want to sell
soon I want to upgrade my ZX4 exhaust so anyone on here looking to go back to stock could get a better exhaust.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts