Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've taken the plunge...I've started collecting parts for my turbo setup.

Okay, so now I have:

4 39lbs./hr. Siemens EV6 fuel injectors (as I understand it, these will work up to ~315bhp, I'm not going quite that far!)
28x7x2 FMIC (bar and plate), varias 2.5 charge pipes, connectors, and elbows
turbo manfiold (needs to be welded together and ceramic coated, I need a T25 flange for it).
TD05HL-15T 5cm turbocharger wastegate ~7psi (MHI turbo from a Saab 9-3 Viggen, 23k miles, perfect condition) $50 ftw.

still need:
Innovate LC-1 wideband kit (I'll order this almost last, I hope FS has them in stock when I need it..lol)
custom downpipe (also getting ceramic coated)
oil/coolant lines, fittings
catch can
boost gauge (at the least)
boost controller
tuning (I'll prolly get Walter to deal with this end)

Right now I have Crane Stage I cams, Marcy CAI, Cosworth header, MBRP exhaust with a Magnaflow high flow cat welded in, tumble flap delete, tuning from Marcy Motorsport, and a Zex nitrous setup. The Marcy CAI, Cosworth header, and Zex setup are obviously leaving shortly, but the rest shall stay. I might have to adjust the cams some to lessen the overlap I suppose.

okay, so here is what I have so far. I am thinking that 10psi intercooled would be quite safe, and I also plotted a point for 12psi (should be ~240bhp @10psi and 6500rpm, ~255bhp @ 12psi and 6500rpm).

From what I have seen, this should be safe on stock rods and pistons if the tunin is right, and really that is about all I would want to run on the street. Perhaps I could run it a little higher (around 1 bar should still be doable with the turbo @ the ~370cfmm I would need at 6500rpm without any crazy strain on the turbo) at the track. This should be ~280bhp by my calcs, properly tuned. Word on the street is, this turbo can push 405CFM without issue, which in my application would be around 18psi and 310bhp...I'll never try it!

All that while still spooling quickly. I'm using a decent sized intercooler for this, so though it isn't as large as other turbos, it shouldn't get really hot unless I am spinning the higher boost numbers.

So here is my compressor map. It is a map for a TD04-15G, which is very similar to my TD04HL-15T. I had read on that they have nearly identical maps. Since I couldn't find the TD04HL-15T map, here is what I came up with:

So yeah, that is basically what I have been up to...my turbonic restricter wheel...lol

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i dont know about 39lb injector netting you that much hp..unless the dura doesnt need as high as a zetec, which you would need 60lbs to run that. Otherwise sounds good, i would personally go with a wider IC but you may not have to...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No you don't understand, the 39# injectors won't be used when I am at 18psi, no way no how..lol. More than likely that is when we will see some nasty rod issues anyway, no point in even trying!

I'll get them to swap for the Siemens 52# (39 or 52 is all they carry, 52# will be more than enough for what I want I imagine!). The order is hasn't shipped, so it shouldn't be a big deal, and they are making more money.

As for the intercooler, I didn't want to cut things up, so I went with a size similar to what sporadic had used. For my purposes, it should do smashingly...I hope!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts