Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2.0L Duratec currently ripped to pieces for rebuild. Getting rid of the AC pump and pulley assly. Does anyone know what else that requires? Do i just get rid of the pump and pulley and buy a belt for a duratec without AC and slap it on or do I need to make a bracket to hold some kind of idler pulley? Thanks and hoping for some good feedback. [?|]

·
2,272 Posts
You should be able to get the shorter belt. I assume they made focuses in 2005 without AC. If not, you can usually measure it and buy a belt in the right size.

All you have to do is discharge the system at a shop. Or you deffinitely shouldnot DO IT YOURSELF by removing the valve or holding it open. That may be illegal (check your laws) and would piss off environmentalists. it is VERY CONVENIENT and makes the job MUCH EASIER and CHEAPER that going to a shop but I would deffinitely not urge you to REMOVE THE LOW SIDE PRESSURE (warning, huge expulsion of gasses) VALVE OR HOLD IT OPEN. Just because everyone does it will no ill effects does not mean IT IS FINE. So no matter what, don't DO IT that way.

Then remove the ac compressor, lines, and condenser, evap and other parts and have fun!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. No worries. Already drained the lines with some cylindrical looking thing my buddy usually uses at his shop. Pretty sure it was an A/C bleeder. No enviromental problems here. Everything is already removed, just running into this problem. I seen on CFM that they sell the belts for duri w/o A/C. I was just wondering if the cars without A/C even have a pulley in that position. I will give it a shot and see what happens. Whats the worse? Have to return a belt? No problems. Thanks.

·
2,272 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. No worries. Already drained the lines with some cylindrical looking thing my buddy usually uses at his shop. Pretty sure it was an A/C bleeder. No enviromental problems here. Everything is already removed, just running into this problem. I seen on CFM that they sell the belts for duri w/o A/C. I was just wondering if the cars without A/C even have a pulley in that position. I will give it a shot and see what happens. Whats the worse? Have to return a belt? No problems. Thanks.
I am pretty sure my '04 without AC (on a 2.3) did not have a pulley in the AC position.

I know the zetec engines were that way

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Yeah Im guessing it would be the same way with the Duri's but I just wanted to jump on here and see what everyone else had to say about it before I jumped to an imediate conclusion. Should be the same as your 2.3

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The water pump pulley I got from CFM should also help because its a little bit bigger than the stock pulley

·
Registered
389 Posts
just give your local ford dealer a call or stop by their parts department and im sure they can help you out. I had a friend of mine stop by the jaguar dealer to get my idler pulley for the p/s delete on my dtec

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
just give your local ford dealer a call or stop by their parts department and im sure they can help you out. I had a friend of mine stop by the jaguar dealer to get my idler pulley for the p/s delete on my dtec
What did you do to remove the P/S? I like the idea of that.

I think it would be interesting to see a Dtec with AC & P/S delete!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im gonna e-mail william at CFM and see if any of the idle pulleys they sell will work on my block so i can eliminate the A/C

1 - 18 of 18 Posts