Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 se 2.0 ztec focus and was wondering what I should do for my first mod, of course later on like say... around tax return time I'm adding a Jackson racing supercharger to it I would also like your opinions on this please :)
thanks NEWBEE[^]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
well if your adding a jrsc, start off with a cat-back or throttle body. skip the intake and udp.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
150 Posts
I say **** it, supercharge or turbo while it's all stock. Waaaaaaay too many people say "Oh yea I'm building it up for a turbo/supercharger and whatnot" and they never get around to doing it, just bolt-ons. Not knocking anyone who doesn't FI their car, because of money, time, and risk, it's just way to many people talk the talk. Plus after you FI your stock engine, then the bolt-ons might actually add 10-15 HP like advertised[:p]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Listen to kickin--My first mod was a short shifter..Then I wasted alot on bolt on`s till I ended up with a head cams and jrsc..etc exhaust..etc..etc....Anyway get the shifter and learn to drive it..then go suspension---then make it fast..Hell I dont know I have reached my limit..Except for a light flywheel I think I`m done

·
Registered
732 Posts
SWYZ721 said:
I say **** it, supercharge or turbo while it's all stock. Waaaaaaay too many people say "Oh yea I'm building it up for a turbo/supercharger and whatnot" and they never get around to doing it, just bolt-ons. Not knocking anyone who doesn't FI their car, because of money, time, and risk, it's just way to many people talk the talk. Plus after you FI your stock engine, then the bolt-ons might actually add 10-15 HP like advertised[:p]
No, he needs to get a cat back and throttle body first. If he gets the supercharger and puts it on, with the stock cat back and throttle body, he is gonna have shitty performance from the supercharger because he will only be allowing a minimal amount of air to exit. Get a cat back, you'll most likely want a 2.5", then get a 65mm throttle body, then get the supercharger, that way more air can exit through and you'll get better performance. You may also want to get bigger fuel injectors, maybe 24lb or 30lb.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was also looking into a JR supercharger, is it worth it to install in a Focus with an Automatic Transmission??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts