Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I wanted to know everyone's opinions on the matter and where I stand, I currently have a 2002 2.0 that is built not sure what cam but Je pistons eagle rods, adjustable cam gears, sport header, jackson racing supercharger and by twin charging I mean running a turbo into the supercharger. How much boost can these blocks hold, and has anyone ever done it? Sorry if I left any info out but feel free to ask and don't be afraid to point out anything I missed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
it was done once. by a member called CHIBULLSAN. unfortunately, all of the picture links are broken and lost forever. He no longer frequents the forums as it was a nearly a decade ago he did it. If memory serves, he had Tom from Focus-Power tune it.....it lasted a little while but ultimately blew up, and it was a built motor.

http://forums.focaljet.com/forced-i...installed-twincharged-svt-3-29-05-w-pics.html

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
It didnt blow up that I know of , the SC was custom and a lot of things were not working together , never got it tuned and he took it apart and sold the parts

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only want a combined psi of both boosting near 12 nothing to crazy, and I know why not just switch to a turbo but I like the reaction of my supercharger as it is one of my dd's and I think it would be something to look forward to also what trim turbos would I look into

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Reaction of the supercharger?

Why not just run your supercharger at 12psi?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Reaction of the supercharger?

Why not just run your supercharger at 12psi?
the m45 is already struggling at original boost levels for a 2.0liter motor.....it's just going to make a crapload of heat at 12psi and likely not make a whole lot more power due to that.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ah, okay. I know nothing about the JRSC's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By reaction I mean It is boosting the whole rpm range I have no matter what as opposed to a turbo that would just start spooling around 3000 or so depending on the ar but I want it spooling more towards the top than anything so the supercharger would be for my lower rpms, this is also a dd if I didn't mention that, and I'm new to fuel injection on cars building them up atleast.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Super is instant boost. But falls off after certain rpm. AND runs high air as well. Where as turbo you can pick and choose everything. How big the housing. Or the turbine wheel or the manifold to it to help with the spoiling as well. A lot of factors are involved and the power is endless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts