Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the dyno results of my JRSC install.
The before run is with the car totally stock as I bought it.
The after run is with the car stock other than the JRSC. I didn't use the Ford PCM reflash, but went the the SCT xcal.
The day we did the final dyno tuning and testing it was about 92 degrees and 90% humidity. It's tuned for 93 octane fuel.

The supercharger works great, they should come this way from the factory, makes almost no noise, I have heard power steering pumps make more noise than the supercharger, on my last road trip I got 35MPG averaging 65 MPH.

Attachments

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
You need to go back and finish the tuning , I wouldnt make boost till that AF is properly adjusted , and other things , looks to me this may be his first Focus tune and there is a lot that needs doing

Tom

·
Registered
672 Posts
just n case your not sure who TOM is he is the tune master. He has tuned about any car you can think of and knows how to read a dyno sheet and a/f ratio. Now that's over with.

Welcome 2 FI

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
If I am reading it right the one at the top green sais A/F , If it is the lower AF then that is to lean also , you should be in the low 11`s

At 3500 your at about 14.7 should be in the lower 12`s if not high 11`s by there

at 4000 your in the 13.3 and should be in the mid 11`s

4500 your in the 12.6 and should be in the high 10`s to very low 11`s from 4500 to 6500 and you dont see the 11`s till 6500

Tom

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
That A/F just screams melting pistons!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Melted pistons at 12.25? really?

I think you guys are reading the graph wrong. The A/F plot that starts at 15:1 then makes it's way down to 11:1 is the stock Ford tune, on the stock motor.

The plots that all start around 2500 rpms are the stock engine.

The plots that start around 3500 rpms are the supercharged engine.

Low 11's is what I should be running? That rich with the relativity low boost?
I didn't get the boost logged, but during the dyno runs the boosts starts around 4psi then slowly increases to 7psi at 7000 rpms.
Does that sound right?
It's making the power ford says it should.

Any other suggestions?

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
I think you guys are reading the graph wrong. The A/F plot that starts at 15:1 then makes it's way down to 11:1 is the stock Ford tune, on the stock motor.

You are still a bit lean. As Tom said you should start out around 12.0 and flatten out to around 11.0 at high rpms.

·
Registered
76 Posts
LOL! To argue against experience is so childish, listen to Tom he'll teach you something. I'm not calling you a child by no means but Tom's probably been reading dyno sheets longer than you been walking. When someone of his expertise, whitch is FI, speaks you should listen not argue. Oh, by the way, it's nice to see some one on here from Kentucky, you'll have to grab some moonlite BBQ for me sometime, Dam I miss living in CentralCity.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Melted pistons at 12.25? really?

Low 11's is what I should be running? That rich with the relativity low boost?
I didn't get the boost logged, but during the dyno runs the boosts starts around 4psi then slowly increases to 7psi at 7000 rpms.
Does that sound right?
It's making the power ford says it should.

Any other suggestions?
Yup your right.....I read the factory A/F forgot that 2 runs were on the graph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not arguing, I am trying to find out what is best.
Going richer up top, will that give me more power? or just a bigger safety margin in case?

Also would it be worth the money and trouble to put a set of SVT headers on? What gains would you expect on a supercharged motor? Or any other ideas on things that might help?

Greg at SpeedyDyno did the tuning. He has done hundreds of Mustangs, and yes the was his first Focus, and yes Focii don't tune like a Mustangs, but I can't knock him, since I do composites work for him, I get unlimited dyno/tuning time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
May not give you more power, might actually be less power, but being safe from destroying your motor yes.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
It shouldnt be any less power , but even on a Mustang thats a little to the lean side , sitting on a dyno it looks fine but if you take it out and beat on it hard and the jrsc starts heating up (and it will) you will see your AF start going leaner and leaner , You need to get your AF lower (richer) to be safe and you will find you can do this with out giving up HP

Tom

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
that is interesting...... you learn something new every day!

·
Registered
50 Posts
so you gained less than 50hp with the supercharger? whats the most that you can produce with the jrsc? Say you went with cams and pnp head and bumped the compression? whats the max it will produce?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
so you gained less than 50hp with the supercharger? whats the most that you can produce with the jrsc? Say you went with cams and pnp head and bumped the compression? whats the max it will produce?
a stock zetec dynos around 100-110 so he gained over 50 whp. which is more or less what is expected.
a completely maxed out zetec jrsc kit will prolly go about 200-220 whp.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
a 100% power boost is pretty good IMO for a little m45 blower

·
Registered
50 Posts
a stock zetec dynos around 100-110 so he gained over 50 whp. which is more or less what is expected.
a completely maxed out zetec jrsc kit will prolly go about 200-220 whp.

he has both the stock and jrsc graph up looks to me like 115whp- 165whp that would be 50 (give or take a couple) unless I need to go back to school and learn how to count or something

1 - 20 of 21 Posts