Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2.0 turbo on stock clutch?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
I'm looking to either piece together a turbo kit or buy one with my tax check from fswerks. . Besides what's included in the kit what else parts wise will I need. And is it advised to upgrade the clutch. I have 80356 and I drive very conservative. My stock clutch has zero slipping as I am the only driver.

#2 ·
You should be fine on the clutch for a little bit. But anytime you add forced induction to the vehicle it is always recommended that you change the clutch for best results. Better to replace it than having to worry about your current clutch pooping out on you 100 miles from home.

#3 ·
It really depends on how aggressive you go with the turbo. A local member had the stage 2 setup on his 2.0 and the clutch was slipping like crazy. From what I recall, he had similar mileage to yours.

On top of that, here is a list of supporting mods that are highly recommended for a turbo setup. These aren't required, but going without them is akin to skydiving without a spare.

1. Stronger clutch (lightweight flywheel recommended)
2. Upgraded motor-mounts
3. Stiffer suspension (unless you think wheel-hop is fun)
4. Upgraded brakes (at least the SVT setup)

Before buying your turbo kit, consider upgrading the above four items so that you are sure your car is ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.