Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm looking for 2.5l swap information for my 2008 2.0l. I have read a good bit about it but the only thing I can find is where people have done it with 2.3 heads or a vvt delete and cam. I was wondering if I could swap motor, harness and ecu form a fusion. Any help is appreciated the car I'm donig the swap on is a race car now just wanting more motor

·
FF Affiliate
30,679 Posts
If your doing a race car keep the 2.5 head , change timing cover to a 2.3 , use a 2.0 or 2.3 balancer , get the massive speed VCT elim kit and adjust gears

Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a 2.3 head for my car. I know it will bolt on to my 2.0 and I was wondering do I have to get the ECU tuned or will it run with factory setup. Also will I have to use the 2.3 intake

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just got a 2.3 head for my car. I know it will bolt on to my 2.0 and I was wondering do I have to get the ECU tuned or will it run with factory setup. Also will I have to use the 2.3 intake
Yes, get it tuned properly.
Yes, use the 23 intake. ( I think the Escape manifold is what everyone suggests? )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will it run without the tune. The guy that tune's computers for me is out of town and I would like to run it this weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts