Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Alriggt sweet. So drop in and tune. This sounds wicked. And the 2.3 motor mount on passenger side?
Yea^^^^^ Use a oem ford/motorcraft one or a poly one only,,,,, Don't go cheap on the psm,,,,

·
Registered
3 Posts
So from what Ive read, i can use a complete 2.3 from a ranger. Drop it directly into my 2005 zx3 2.0. Use the intake and exhaust manifold off the 2.3. get a tune and be ready to go? Of course change the mount and things. Basically a plug and play swap.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Yea, then you'd have a 23 w/ a 20 head,,,,,,,You want to run the 23 i/m for sure,,,,,,,,

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
The 23 i/m is a dual runner length manifold & thats what you'd want to run,,,,,,,

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
So from what Ive read, i can use a complete 2.3 from a ranger. Drop it directly into my 2005 zx3 2.0. Use the intake and exhaust manifold off the 2.3. get a tune and be ready to go? Of course change the mount and things. Basically a plug and play swap.
Yea, then you'd have a 23 w/ a 20 head,,,,,,,You want to run the 23 i/m for sure,,,,,,,,
I/M? what exactly IS that? and why run a d23 with a d20 head or is that how it just comes originally ? because I have a thread open with the exact same issue
The OP mentioned a Ranger 23 motor which uses a 20 head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trans , clutch , Fly are the same from what I have seen

Tom
Hey there. Im planning to do this swap in a few months, if i want to go about tuning the 2.3 once its installed. What exactly do i need to tune it if you can help out with the tune?, unless i can temporarily run the car enough to get it to a shop to do it?, i will be doing in my garage, hence the question.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts