Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short, son drove into puddle and engine hydro-locked & dropped valve seats. Replaced all 4 pistons, rods & bearings. Reassembled w/ reman head & no start. Have spark, believe I can hear fuel pump kick on when key is turned. Went to do a compression check & had antifreeze shoot out the spark-plug holes. Pulled the head today & head-gasket doesn't appear damaged. In the process of pulling the head - intake - exhaust manifolds as an assembly, the oil dipstick tube came off. It looks like it broke at the block.

I assume I'll have to get one from the dealer. My question is, does it press fit in or screw in?

Once I resolve the dipstick tube issue, I'm going to reassemble w/ a new head-gasket & head bolts, double check all connections and check the fuel shutoff since it has been towed twice since it died.

Any other thoughts or hints will be appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did that swap

I must be your son because i did the exact same thing. mine actually threw a rod out of the block and oil pan. i got a new motor and stuck it in. to answer your question in short, it is firmly pushed into the block. there are no threads or locking mechanisms. this is most likely why ours have both broken off. any idea how i can get mine out? my motor has been in the car about a month and has a few hundred miles on it already.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Never rebuild an old engine always try to replace with a good used engine much cheaper and they work 100% of the time.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ - difficult to do on an SPI, as you're trading a known set of problems that can be fixed to last, for an unknown set of issues.

OP's doing it right, just ran into some issues in the process...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts