Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tom, I was wondering if there was a specific 2.0L block out there that was better than another? I was thinking of doing a modified block in my spare time while I still drive my SVT...I wasn't sure if the svt block was the best or if there was something better...and do you know if there is any type of a stroker for 2.0L I know it's a dumb question but I'm a hardcore mustang person and I'm still new to working with half the cylinders....I know you had told me previously that the svt longblock will safely hold 300 hp but I was looking for a little more...I've got a buddy at work with a civic with an h22 motor that's planning on pushing 5-600 hp after he's done breaking in the motor and get's the turbo bolted up....I would like something that would compete with that...I understand that I'd have to get a huge turbo for that and spend a lot! of money but I'd be happy with 400.....which from speaking to you previously is doable. I hate wasting your time with stupid questions but it seems you the guy to go to on here...thanks Jon

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The WRC/CGI Block is the strongest and if your going for big power would be the way to go. I do have a stroker kit to a 2.3 that works well and the WRC-CGI Block needs to be used for that

Tom

·
Registered
395 Posts
The WRC/CGI Block is the strongest and if your going for big power would be the way to go. I do have a stroker kit to a 2.3 that works well and the WRC-CGI Block needs to be used for that

Tom
Hey how much do those WRC blocks go for??? I herd they can handle a shit load of boost.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how is this possible? I take it it's a custom made aftermarket block? so the cgi block is not a factory block?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Correct the WRC/CGI block is NOT a production block but after market and much stronger

I can do a stroker kit at any time , I dont keep them in stock

Tom

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well as I always say...build a block that will handle what you throw at it so you only build a block once

1 - 20 of 29 Posts