Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Focus ZX3 and I want to tune my engine, which is the next thing I am supposed to be doing according to my buddy who helps with all the work on my car. Which tuner do you guys recommend??

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I can do you a xcal3 for 379.00 and that comes with free updates and tunes , I dont charge 40.00 for each if you want another tune

Tom

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would I still be able to use 87 gas? and get some performance upgrade out f it? this is still my commuter car... since I have a F150 for the shop...

·
Registered
9 Posts
xcal2 is the better way to go.... Ricardo V. @ Steeda stopped me from ordering xcal3 because he said the programs are better for the 2.0 with the xcal2. Go 93 octane man! kill your governer, change your Rev limiter to 6900... and make sure you take your idle and neutral rev limiter up to 7000-7200 because when you push in your clutch to shift the neutral rev limit (if lower) will totally kill your car. Bog down then jerk and stuff... Lower your temp on your high speed fan... and then tune your spark highest (if on 93 octane) Also tune your car to 14% richer because mine had a problem w/ 93, w/ header intake tb full exhaust. The programmer showed it was running too lean.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
ill stand behind Tom.

i got a focussport 93oct tune and then 2 years later i got Tom's tune, and i have the extra user end ajustability is worth it... and the a/f ratio is spot on.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
xcal2 is the better way to go.... Ricardo V. @ Steeda stopped me from ordering xcal3 because he said the programs are better for the 2.0 with the xcal2. Go 93 octane man! kill your governer, change your Rev limiter to 6900... and make sure you take your idle and neutral rev limiter up to 7000-7200 because when you push in your clutch to shift the neutral rev limit (if lower) will totally kill your car. Bog down then jerk and stuff... Lower your temp on your high speed fan... and then tune your spark highest (if on 93 octane) Also tune your car to 14% richer because mine had a problem w/ 93, w/ header intake tb full exhaust. The programmer showed it was running too lean.
How in the heck will the xcal2 show you that you are running too lean? And 14%? Thats insane and whoever did your tuning should be shot. Do you even know what RPM you are running that lean in? When you adjust the fuel parameters through the tuner it is a "blanket" adjustment and will add that much fuel throughout the RPM at WOT not just where you want it. I would seriously get a wideband on there and see for sure.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Na i wounld't recommend steeda ... nice guys and all but i'm not happy with my tunes [:(] Believe me if i lived in the states or atleast closer to Tom i'd go see him to get it dont right. The man's an artist with the focus's.

cosworth TB , Maganflow cat back , Steeda SRI , 94 oct. dyno tune BARLEY netting 134 whp an 147tq ........ 05* ZX3 ' S ' No power goodies .....
an best 1/4 mi so far to date is 15.8 ....... this doens't seem right to me.

steeda claims 136whp with the sri ALONE .... man did these guys get a cold taste of reality that day ... an so did i [mecry]

~
Adam

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ran a check with the diagnostics part of the programmer.... It said it was too lean...

·
Registered
941 Posts
tom +1 :D

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
What kind of power gains will you get with a 93oct premium tune, vs the stock tunning. With the only mods being intake and cat back exhaust on the Dura 2.0? Because I am also thinking of getting a good tune and I am very curious.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yea all that on a Steeda tune ..... i'm not impressed at all .there goes 275 canadian dollars i'll never see again

i'm wondering if i should do a stock data log an a 94 oct tune log an send them to tom to see what he figures they screwed up. if thats possible

1 - 14 of 14 Posts