·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

Crazyish idea... lots of work [wrenchin]

killer results?

???? im CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!

ive seen some videos on youtube and such, what about having this done in a focus? Especially with the Turbo set up im starting to read up on the engines and such... any one know if it would work?

i kinda like the sounds of 400 BHP and 11K RPM just reaching right into my focus and touching it... [poke] <kinda like that.

i know they have the V8 conversion to go to RWD, but im thinking about just doing an engine swap.

im really open to replys, give me your thoughts and opinions PLEASE!!

thanks.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
so wait.. you wanna put a 2.0 dtech into a bike or put the busa motor into ur fofo?

your wording confuses me

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i think a busa into a fofo. would be fun but lots of $$$$$$$$ and yea maybe alil more $$$$$$$$. just go fi and call it a day.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
would be waaay lighter. buuut. im not sure the busa motor would do a damn thing below 5000 rpms. there is a whole bunch more rolling mass on a real car vs a smart car.

still, it would be really kewl. traffic lights would be the best times

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah that motor is made for 5-700lbs (depending on rider) but when u add another 2000lbs i dont think it will do jack [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*, just should cool

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
idk i think it might be work able. i mean there was a thread about the v8 busa motor that bolted up to an mtx75 so i'm not to sure.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
Unless you just want to be unique, save your money.

The numbers speak:

Busa:

1.3 Liter (1300cc) Displacement

171 HP (based on unsprung weight of a MOTORCYCLE)

102 LBS of torque

2.0 Duratec:

2.0 Liter (2000cc) Displacement

136 HP (based on the unsprung weight of a CAR)

146 LBS of torque

In fairness, I could not find any bench dyno figures to compare the two engines, but loadings do factor into the testing.

I think you would find that the Busa motor makes a lot of noise under the hood, but results in a slower and less practical focus.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, the hayabusa into the focus... was thinking about that today too...
and well... RPMS i cant run around town slow enough :p speed limits in my town well the cityish part are all 20-25 mph, other then that its 40-65

meah... what about a Duratech that will Rev 11K's? Billet Crank, Rod's, pistons...? big ars Turbo :p

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Unless you just want to be unique, save your money.

The numbers speak:

Busa:

1.3 Liter (1300cc) Displacement

171 HP (based on unsprung weight of a MOTORCYCLE)

102 LBS of torque

2.0 Duratec:

2.0 Liter (2000cc) Displacement

136 HP (based on the unsprung weight of a CAR)

146 LBS of torque

In fairness, I could not find any bench dyno figures to compare the two engines, but loadings do factor into the testing.

I think you would find that the Busa motor makes a lot of noise under the hood, but results in a slower and less practical focus.
the 2.0 liter duratec has 136 tq on the 2007, according to wiki. I thought it was more like 133 on mine tho. Def. not 146

1 - 12 of 12 Posts