Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I really want to nail this issue I've got with my car. There's a misfire in cylinders 2 and sometimes 3. I have done the following;
Changed spark plugs
Changed coil overs
Changed fuel module
Ran compression test
Tested fuel injectors
Ran cleaner through motor
(Tests came back with no issues)

Yet we are still misfiring. My cars behaviour is the check engine light flashes when driving at high revs for a little while and loses power after a bit longer unless I go neutral for a bit. When letting off the accelerator and then accelerating again the engine light will flash.
If I'm idling, I can get it to flash if rpms are held over 3k for a couple of minutes and the the motor will shake and lose power. There is no vaccum leak anywhere. If anyone has had the same issue and fixed it, I'm all ears. I hope this gets some attention.

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,303 Posts
Hey I really want to nail this issue I've got with my car. There's a misfire in cylinders 2 and sometimes 3. I have done the following;
Changed spark plugs
Changed coil overs
Changed fuel module
Ran compression test
Tested fuel injectors

Yet we are still misfiring. My cars behaviour is the check engine light flashes when driving at high revs for a little while and loses power after a bit longer unless I go neutral for a bit. When letting off the accelerator and then accelerating again the engine light will flash.
If I'm idling, I can get it to flash if rpms are held over 3k for a couple of minutes and the the motor will shake and lose power. There is no vaccum leak anywhere. If anyone has had the same issue and fixed it, I'm all ears. I hope this gets some attention.
Year, mileage, transmission would help. What codes were thrown?

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,303 Posts
Low hanging fruit would be to remove and clean all of your grounds. Check for damaged wiring at the crankshaft position sensor. Check for a broken fuel rail pressure sensor. Bad vacuum line at the sensor. Check for a clogged fuel filter. Clean your maf. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE, 2.0L Duratec, Automatic, Gray, 145,000 miles
17 Posts
Pb is inside my head (again).
But, I'm also thinking valvetrain. That's the last stop though. Just. . . Be prepared.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Low hanging fruit would be to remove and clean all of your grounds. Check for damaged wiring at the crankshaft position sensor. Check for a broken fuel rail pressure sensor. Bad vacuum line at the sensor. Check for a clogged fuel filter. Clean your maf. Good luck.
Fiel module has been swapped so I've got that stuff to do

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crankshaft position sensor has also been swapped

·
Registered
1 Posts
Changed spark plugs
Changed coil overs
Changed fuel module
Ran compression test
Tested fuel injectors

I would replace the valve cover gasket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts