Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to start my 06 2.0 focus and i guess i didn’t hold the key to crank it long enough and it almost started but died, this has happened before and it mostly coughes a second and runs fine but this time it didn’t, it idles rough and revs rough and the the car shakes a bit, i don’t want to start it again in fear of fucking a valve or somthing, it’s getting towed tomorrow, any suggestions what it could be? i don’t think timing is an issue because of the timing chain

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try cleaning the mass air flow sensor. Simple thing to try, little lost if it doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus ZX3 2.0 Duratec
6 Posts
My 07' w/ 254k mi does that often, it's cranks for 2-3 seconds, sputters for a few more, then smooths out. Been doing that for years. I believe it's a fuel issue. When my lazy ass gets to it, I will be changing fuel filter again and o2 sensor. Will update once done.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My 07' w/ 254k mi does that often, it's cranks for 2-3 seconds, sputters for a few more, then smooths out. Been doing that for years. I believe it's a fuel issue. When my lazy ass gets to it, I will be changing fuel filter again and o2 sensor. Will update once done.
Actually what you have is likely a PCM programming issue. Ford had a TSB on it back in the day and they reflashed it if you brought it in. If the vehicle was reflashed there should be a sticker under the hood. As I understand it it made it much better but didnt quite eliminate it 100 percent.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts