Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1turbofocus New question. heh

I want to be able to make around 320 on horse and torque... know it'll have to be a turbo... But how many PSI would i have to run? and what would be the best way to do stuff for internal wise... I don't plan on using my current engine setup i have now... I plan on buying new block and a head and starting fresh... Can you give me some insight on what stuff i can use for internal wise and what turbo setup id be best to use... Someone told me i could run 25psi if done right and then with a turbo controller be able to bump it down to 10psi for normal driving... Can you help out here and tell me what parts i should look into / best etc? Thanks!

Smitty

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom, with ur stroker short block and WRC block, and billet main caps.... how many Horses/Torque would that lay out... Also if prepped with the Roush Turbo for it's 10psi... what do u think numbers would be around??? May be more intreseted here soon When i get back stateside... Plan on reuping in the service and going to have some fun with the cash....
Thanks for the help

Smitty

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
No idea what the HP # would be till i try them on the dyno

For some quick math take the 2.0 HP numbers with the Roush 210HP i think devide them by 2.0 then times 2.3 this will get you close on HP but TQ will be much higher

Tom

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom-

300HP - 300+TQ and a roush turbo... do ya'll build the whole engine up... basicly i throw cash at you :) and ya'll build it... i pick it up and put it in? Or what goes on here??? Trying to figure out bfore i get home if i should email you or not :)

Smitty

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if u used the alum. head... wrc block... a nice set of cams... the roush turbo setup *3K* and be able to tweak about 15psi out of the turbo... and u built the engine to what you think would work best.... what do you think it'd cost to build that engine for me?

Smitty

·
Registered
666 Posts
Is your neam really Smitty? If so, thats awesome.....Smitty.

...in fact, from now on, call me Smitty too.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tom - so 5100-5300$ with WRC block, Billet Mains, Crower Billet Rods, and Forged Pistons.
Now should i guess that adding the turbo *roush* with 10 - 15psi... thats another 3K correct... so then its like 8300$ around... for you to test it and stick it in a car... what would that run me? See it's nice that i know i can pull 5300$ out of the bank real quick... It's even nicer to know i can pull 8300$ out of the bank... But just trying to figure up how much for installation, tuning, etc... Just trying to get the whole 9 yards so i kno :) If we do up talking on this and it becomes a project over a idea... What style cams would you use ? Also thanks for the time Tom.

Artood - i need something that can handle my driving style... which alot is drag racing to a extent... but haha yeah. it'd be very nice.

Mikey 1 - No my full name is Courtney Smith... im a 20 year old male serving in the army. Usually everyone calls me Smitty and has since i was 16... just cause i hate my first name. So ethier Smitty or Renegade is another name... cause i dont stand by too many rules... But for some reason i still keep getting promoted... haha

Thanks

Smitty

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's easier said than done smitty. I'v been waiting since Feb. 06 for my CGI 2.3 Stroker with the billet mains. Tom says I'm #2 in line & still patiently waiting for that magic email your shortblock is ready. So I advise you to get your deposit in. BTW God bless anyone who has the guts to serve in the armed forces.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guts? hahaha... im a little crazy over the guts... I just get a rush outta this... But let alone that i know my job better than half the new guys that enlisted with me. Been shot at and blown up several times since i've been here... It's been a crazy time though... Be back in Early Sept... then back here next year around sept for 07... woot!

Once im done with that deployment ill be able to drop a V8 into my 02 foci... im currently in process of buying a forum member's car which id like to do the stroker for...

Hmm line... depoist... ill have to talk to this guy on the phone when i get back stateside and check in...
thanks for the tip

Smitty

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
@ Fordcus Fan....If you're number 2, I wonder what that would make me...I'm sending my deposit tomorrow. [thumb]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Rudel said:
@ Fordcus Fan....If you're number 2, I wonder what that would make me...I'm sending my deposit tomorrow. [thumb]
Are you going with the CGI block & billiet mains & what type of other mods?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts