Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i have a noob question that i couldn't find the answer for in the forum. Does Tom's tune allow the ECU to relearn new spark timing if the battery is disconnected ? The reason I'm asking is bcause I'm interested in replacing my spark plugs with lsg halo plugs. According to their website www.slgbrisk.com the spark timing has to be reduced due to the plugs 30% faster firing rate. So I wanted to make sure that the ECU can still learn even with the tune. What got me interested in these is the gas saving that the police fleet of Little Rock, Arkansas reported. It was also on the news, check it out and let me know what you guys think www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCpzxjQN2k

Thanks

Guile

[wrenchin]

·
Registered
220 Posts
1st post is a double post, nice. Welcome by the way.

I can't answer your question about spark timing, but then again I've been waiting for my tune from Tom for a couple weeks now......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL i'm doing this from my PS3, guess i pressed the button twice. Oh thanks for the welcome, this site is great! I always come here for helpful info, just never posted before

Guile

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Why don't you go with the motorcraft ones, there are known to do really well and there only 2 bucks a plug...just a thought i've never heard of the ones you speak of so i don't know about those but, i would suggest just the motorcraft ones unless your boosted or spraying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running the motorcraft ones now for about 15,000 miles so I wanted to try something new. If this technology is legit, then it would be worth paying $ 42 for the 2 sets. That's less then what I was paying to drive 260 miles.

Ok let's see: 10% increase on 20 mpg = 22 mpg

That would bring me to 286 miles per tank. I can drive an extra 26 miles.

Over the course of 10 fill ups I would get 260 extra miles, in turn paying for the cost of the plugs and reducing emissions while at it. They also claim that there is a horse power increase, which makes sense if the gas is being burned more efficiently.

That's why I came here to bring this new idea and if it works, great! If not then, it was worth a try. Imagine if nobody tried anything new, there wouldn't be a need for a forum like this.

Now anyone with an answer to my original post, about the spark timing?

Thanks dudes

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
lol, most of those spark plug claims are bogus man, dont mean to put ur hopes down. I know many people that have tried various plugs and they pretty much all do the same things. However if you use copper plugs as compared silver and platinum and what not they are different in there own ways. Copper plugs like the ones I have you have to change every 15k miles as compared to the stock plugs where u can double the life, but they cost more. Copper ones are cheap but yeild better hp gains. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts